Thread: EGR Table.. What to use when you've deleted the EGR. Also Other help would be good.

Tuner in Training

EGR Table.. What to use when you've deleted the EGR. Also Other help would be good.

I have a GEN3, 2000 Silverado 1500 P01 ECU, With Swapped with a 6.0L LQ9 w/ TSP220R cam and Headers.
    I'm running the tune for a 2002 Flex Fuel Tahoe, as I've upgrade with a flex fuel sensor as well...
    Vacuum fuel pressure regulator has been deleted and replaced by a 2001 corvette 58psi return fuel filter. (returnless style fuel rail setup)
    Brand new fuel filter, and Fuel pump.
    Fuel is a steady 58PSI at the rail.

I'm wondering if I should Zero-Out the ERG Airflow table? I not longer have an EGR valve adding volume to my system...
    I'm having some weird idle issues (at times) as well as poor performance if I tell the ECU which size injectors I really have, and some surging when at idle, along with some rich conditions that turn into lean conditions and finally Surging. It'll get into a pattern where the idle drops to 400rpm then surges to 1500, (starting out with a target of 750) and eventually it'll stall.
    It's also hard to start. I have to cycle the key on, back on, then start. Idle is a healthly AFR of 12, then as soon as the pedal is pressed it goes to 14.7-16 at times.
    Told the ECU the injectors are 25lb and it runs better, but the actual size is 21 and it gives me a RICH stall when Power Enrich kicks in, AFR drops to 7-8 causing NO POWER...
    Stock Flex tune shows 35lb injectors... So IDK...
    Also, I'm going to put bigger injectors in, but the ones I purchased are too short, so I'm stuck running the 21lbs for now.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Last edited by jameswis01; 08-09-2022 at 09:10 PM.

Have you done any other tuning other than mess with the EGR airflow and the injector size? You need to put the injector data that matches the injectors installed in the vehicle. Then from there you can begin tuning for fuel, idle and spark.

Tuner in Training
    I haven't messed with the EGR airflow yet either. I'm wondering if I should 0 out that table or leave it with all the stuff in it. I'm guessing I should 0 it out?
    And when I put the correct injector size in, it runs WAY too rich... Like AFR of 12 and drops to 7-8 making it a Rich Stall whenever I press the gas and the PE table kicks in..
    Only other stuff I've messed with was bumping up the idle from 650-750rpm and telling the ECU I have dual electric fans now, and what temps I want them to come on and go off at.
    I also just updated the OS with the Speed Density tune. But this rich condition existed before (and after) that update.

With it set at 25lbs, the AFR runs right at 14.5-14.8 95% of the time, sometimes bouncing down to 13 or upto 16 for a few seconds, but not long enough that I think its a real issue. (like when I hard accelerate then coast, type stuff).

The other thing that seems "odd" to me is going to be a bit hard to explain. BUT, I added the Flex Fuel Sensor, its wired into the ECU, but I haven't connected it to power yet. I have Flex Fuel Vehicle set to (NO) in the tune right now. However there is a setting under the Flex Fuel tab that says something like "Default Alcohol Percentage" and that's at 36%, so I'm wondering if the system is running 1/3 of the flex fuel tune, and causing my rich condition. Does my way of thinking make sense?
    Last edited by jameswis01; 08-10-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Could you post your file?