Thread: Hp tuners newbie need help.

Potential Tuner

Hp tuners newbie need help.

First off let me say I am aware of the 411 swap, and not interested in it at all. The truck is a 2000 GMC Sierra sl classic k3500. Black box ecu. I need to alter the main sa table, tire and gear ratio, as well as alter shift points, and delete any 4wd stuff, the engine and transmission are swapped into a 97 c1500, complete wiring harness swap. So when plugged in it is no longer a 97. No need for vin swap, or segment swaps. Just some basic stuff needs done on the tune, engine is 110% stock. So what exactly do I need to purchase to tune This vehicle? What cables, software, or other hardware? And can you please list part numbers? I have experience with Holley EFI, and with the old tweeker stuff used on 89-94 fox mustangs. But no experience with anything newer than that. I am just not sure what the most economical way to get this done is. Odds are it will take a few data logging sessions to optimize the timing for the fuel I will use.

Potential Tuner
    if you buy a MPVI2+ you just need to buy the credits needed to unlock the ecu then you can change whatever you want with the 4wd and the gear/tire change wizard

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by O-man View Post
    if you buy a MPVI2+ you just need to buy the credits needed to unlock the ecu then you can change whatever you want with the 4wd and the gear/tire change wizard
    So the economic choice is to pay a shop to do it. Thanks. Was hoping for a more affordable diy option. The unit price and credits is half the cost of a terminator x max system. Appreciate the advice and quick response brother.

I think your math is a little wrong.

HP Tuner is like $400 isn't it, then it's $100 for the 2 credits you need. The Terminator system is $1,600 for the one with transmission control.

Granted you will need a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning, so that is another $200 for that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I think your math is a little wrong.

HP Tuner is like $400 isn't it, then it's $100 for the 2 credits you need. The Terminator system is $1,600 for the one with transmission control.

Granted you will need a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning, so that is another $200 for that.
    Last one I bought was just shy of a 1100, it's been a couple years, prices have went up.