Thread: 2006 NGC3 hemi, fuel trim issue after flashing, clears up after few min

Tuner

2006 NGC3 hemi, fuel trim issue after flashing, clears up after few min

I'm completely new to tuning dodges...messed with LS stuff for a long time, have weird issue after flashing NGC3. I did a small cam, mds delete in a 2006 hemi. Got it to idle okay adjusting torque tables, adjusted VE table some, but every time I flash it, STFT LTFT go crazy high +20% After key cycle few times, clearing adapts in the engine tab in hptuners, it will settle down and go +/- 5 LTFT and idle normal, with changes I made to VE appearing to work. Next day enters closed loop just fine from cold start. (doesnt appear to be o2 heater issue) This only happens immediately after flashing. see logs attached

One of these logs is after I flashed it, I key cycled in middle of the log, cleared adapts with key on engine off, restarted and it was just fine. The other log startup after sitting, was after sitting 30 minutes or so, showed o2 heating up and normal LTFT STFT.

Any ideas?

08-10-2022 AFTER FLASH FUEL TRIMS, THEN SETTLES DOWN.hpl
    08-10-2022 STARTUP AFTER SITTING A WHILE.hpl
    DODGE CHARGE 2006 NGC3.Channels.xml

Anytime you flash you need to reset fuel trims before you log. also little imbalance from Bank 1 and Bank 2

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Tuner

still have lean issue AFTER programming only.

Okay still fighting this. I now have the tune set to open loop, with wideband attached. Again, after programming, for next few minutes it runs extremely lean. see log "imediately after programming...." Many starts, stops, clearing adapts, dtcs, to no change. Finally I disconnected, shut off engine, turned back on, reconnected, cleared adapts one more time, started, and things started reading normal. see log "few minutes later........running properl"

08-15-2022 log few minutes later, open loop wide band attached running properl.hpl
    08-15-2022 log imediatly after programming, open loop wide band attached, LEAN.hpl
    2006 Charger.Layout.xml
    DODGE CHARGE 2006 NGC3.Channels.xml

Tuner in Training
    Did you find a resolution to this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_t View Post
    Did you find a resolution to this problem?
    Disconnect the battery for a few minutes, reconnect battery,then reload new tune , do a “write complete”for both controllers
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q