Thread: 2015 GT idle rev hang after tr6060 tune change

Potential Tuner

2015 GT idle rev hang after tr6060 tune change

Im working with a known Coyote tuner that the car is currently tuned with. Paid the tune revision and spoke to them about revising the tune for the TR6060 gearing and 3.73 gears.
    Car is a 2015 with a rousch TVS, Twin 68mm TB, Long tubes, factory fuel system with unknown injectors and a boostapump.

Received the tune this morning and the fun began. It rev hangs like a mother....Start the car, it idles fine for a few seconds than you can hear the engine tone change, and the rpms start climbing where it will rise to about 2800rpm.

Tuner says he loaded last tune in the folder and added gear changes and thats it. Blames the TB. So i load the previous tune and it idles and revs fine. It wont go into DFCO, cruise control doesnt work etc due to the gearing not matching but it revs idles etc just fine. So its NOT the TB. TB in question is a twin 68. Ive been driving this car for last two days on original tune to break in the clutch. It drives great, i can tell its not 100% but hasnt had a single drivability issue. Shit, it idles and drives way better than my 2015 GT with the 2650 but thats another story.

They send another revision, no help, and another....

I dont think they know whats going on.....could you guys have an idea where to guide them?

I'll post up start up datalogs from both the original tune that the cars been on for last 4 years and the new tune.

You can see in the rev hang datalog, the TB is slowly cracking open causing the rpm rises...so its not a stuck TB, its literally being commanded to open.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Red_liner740; 08-10-2022 at 09:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_liner740 View Post
    Im working with a known Coyote tuner that the car is currently tuned with. Paid the tune revision and spoke to them about revising the tune for the TR6060 gearing and 3.73 gears.
    Car is a 2015 with a rousch TVS, Twin 68mm TB, Long tubes, factory fuel system with unknown injectors and a boostapump.

Received the tune this morning and the fun began. It rev hangs like a mother....Start the car, it idles fine for a few seconds than you can hear the engine tone change, and the rpms start climbing where it will rise to about 2800rpm.

Tuner says he loaded last tune in the folder and added gear changes and thats it. Blames the TB. So i load the previous tune and it idles and revs fine. It wont go into DFCO, cruise control doesnt work etc due to the gearing not matching but it revs idles etc just fine. So its NOT the TB. TB in question is a twin 68. Ive been driving this car for last two days on original tune to break in the clutch. It drives great, i can tell its not 100% but hasnt had a single drivability issue. Shit, it idles and drives way better than my 2015 GT with the 2650 but thats another story.

They send another revision, no help, and another....

I dont think they know whats going on.....could you guys have an idea where to guide them?

I'll post up start up datalogs from both the original tune that the cars been on for last 4 years and the new tune.

You can see in the rev hang datalog, the TB is slowly cracking open causing the rpm rises...so its not a stuck TB, its literally being commanded to open.
    Can you post up your tune file?

Advanced Tuner
    It’s prolly a locked file

Potential Tuner
    Its scrambled.

Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    Can you post up your tune file?
    UPDATE:

After numerous revisions that did SFA, the tuner was ready to give up and told me to get a converter box.

Last ditch effort i told him to change the OSS, the car now idled and revved fine. Then we changed the gear ratios for 3-6 gears and left 1 and 2 as stock MT-82. Cruise now works, and it enters DFCO in all gears but 1 and 2.

Sigh...but now the car only commands around 10 degrees timing WOT. So now we're working on that...

Who knew a simple gears change would cause this much headache.