Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans Tune Help 2011 Silverado Turbo 5.3

Trans Tune Help 2011 Silverado Turbo 5.3

I have a 2011 Silverado 5.3 with a cam, 76/75 mm turbo, on e85, 50/50 meth injection hasn't been sprayed yet, 3200 to 3500 pro torque triple disk converter, and now a built 6l80. I put the transmission tune back stock, I used the blue cat tool for the shift points and then made very minor shift pressure and shift timing adjustments. I haven't touched the virtual torque table yet, it looks like it was left stock. The original transmission tune was off [not tuned by me]. I have been looking up and reading/watching everything I can find on 6l80/90 tuning, the truck has less then 15 miles on it since last October. I want to make sure I make the right changes and don't burn the clutches up or hurt anything in the transmission. Thanks for any help.

here's the first tune IAT Tune Shift.hpt

here's the tune that's in it now
    trans shift tuning 3.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TURBOSILVERADO11; 08-11-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Anybody? Do I need to post a log of driving the truck around? Just want to make sure everything looks good with what I've changed so far, don't won't to damage anything. Dang transmission cost almost $4500 bucks.

Anybody? Trying to learn, I don't want to mess anything up.
    Last edited by TURBOSILVERADO11; 08-16-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Just need to make sure virtual torque is very close to actual flywheel or above. It cannot read low.

With the stock tune, if they built it right it should just work after a couple of adapt cycles. Then some fine tweaking as per everything you've read on this forum to get it shifting nice crisp and quick.

If it seems to be shifting ok and no obvious flare / bind then post up a log of a couple of low and mid torque shifts so we can see how it's looking.

Make sure to include trans slip and tcc slip PID's

Here's a short log from tonight, only 40% throttle. I didn't have my afr plugged into the scanner. I'll have too do another log tomorrow night with the trans slip and tcc slip pids on, only had them on in the channels.

40 tps.hpl

Senior Tuner
    1-2 looks a bit average. 2-3 sometimes ok. Can consider turning off the discrete torque management.

There is nothing that makes me think an early death is on the cards. Just need to tighten it up a little. Probably could do a WOT 2-3 hit and see what it looks like, can verify the virtual torque reading as well.

Didn't get a good log tonight, I dropped the 1-2 shift time and 2-3 shift time alittle bit and it was holding between each shift. Is it because I didn't do the reset preset this time, or does some volume need to come out since it's aftermarket clutches? Haven't touched the discrete torque management yet. I'll post the 2 logs I have from driving tonight in a little bit.

22-08-17 20-54-41.hpl 22-08-17 21-01-19.hpl Here's the logs. Does the torque adder normal and special need to be the same?
    Last edited by TURBOSILVERADO11; 08-18-2022 at 04:05 AM.

Just drove the truck a couple miles, still fills like it's holding in between each gear.

Here's the tune I have in it now
    trans shift tuning 4.hpt

Here's the log
    22-08-18 20-06-19.hpl

Senior Tuner
    I'll be brutal. Load in the stock tune and let it adapt. If it doesn't run good with the stock tune then the build is shit.

Found out the tune has the wrong injector data. Has anybody used a data sheet like this before? I can't get it to copy and paste the offset vs volts, and the short pulse adder [pulse width adder] data table does not match the same table in hp tuners. I can't figure out what to do, been messing with the crap for too long it's about to drive me nuts.

Here's the data
    1000cc(6117)48mmev14_03242022.xlsx

Here's the tune too
    trans shift tuning inj data.hpt

When you highlight, you have to select only the cells. You can't click the rows/columns to highlight like you do in HPT because in the spreadsheet the labels get copied the same as the data cells, then when you go to paste it says 'no way, that's too many things you can't do that'.

Open the Short Pulse Adder table in your file. Highlight everything and select 'Copy with Axis' then paste that into a text editor. You'll see that the true column labels match what's in the spreadsheet which is un-rounded numbers with 3 decimal places, while the regular table in the editor shows them rounded to one decimal (3.875 turns into 3.9, etc.). So it is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    When you highlight, you have to select only the cells. You can't click the rows/columns to highlight like you do in HPT because in the spreadsheet the labels get copied the same as the data cells, then when you go to paste it says 'no way, that's too many things you can't do that'.

Open the Short Pulse Adder table in your file. Highlight everything and select 'Copy with Axis' then paste that into a text editor. You'll see that the true column labels match what's in the spreadsheet which is un-rounded numbers with 3 decimal places, while the regular table in the editor shows them rounded to one decimal (3.875 turns into 3.9, etc.). So it is the same.
    Thanks I finally got. I'm om a touch screen laptop. must have been bumping something on the screen last night when I went to copy the data.

Here's the tune with all the data, just want to make sure everything looks right. With the data being right now the stoich can go back to 9.79 instead of being doubled right?

trans shift tuning inj data.hpt

Missed ECM 12308 Offset vs Press vs IGNV. I mean, it's got non-stock data in it but it doesn't match the spreadsheet.

What's your fuel pressure and what type regulator?

Bit confused about your flex fuel setup. Flex is enabled, but virtual (this is bad - do not want). But then flex sensor diag = Enable. This should be off if it's virtual as there is no sensor to run diag on, and the other settings should be changed if there's a physical non-virtual sensor.

Unless you're using race E85 out of a container, or are testing every batch of fuel that goes in and adjusting stoich each time, you need a real sensor. Pump E85 can be wildly variable.

Missed ECM 12308 Offset vs Press vs IGNV. I mean, it's got non-stock data in it but it doesn't match the spreadsheet.

What's your fuel pressure and what type regulator?

Bit confused about your flex fuel setup. Flex is enabled, but virtual (this is bad - do not want). But then flex sensor diag = Enable. This should be off if it's virtual as there is no sensor to run diag on, and the other settings should be changed if there's a physical non-virtual sensor.

Unless you're using race E85 out of a container, or are testing every batch of fuel that goes in and adjusting stoich each time, you need a real sensor. Pump E85 can be wildly variable.
    Got the right data in the 12308 now. Fuel pressures 43psi without vacuum, aeromotive boost references regulator. I don't know why the flex fuel is setup that way, unless because it's a flex fuel truck and guy that tuned it just changed it to virtual since we're not running factory fuel lines. I'll have to disable the flex fuel sensor for now until we get a sensor, been running without one for little over three years. I'm in upstate South Carolina, everybody here runs pump E85 all year round it normally test between 80% to 85%. There has only been a few times when it's been 77% or 78%.

Then you need totally different injector data setup. There's a link in the 'additional info' tab of the spreadsheet you should look at.

Virtual flex is bad, because it uses LTFT to infer alcohol content (and once that LTFT error is shifted over to alc%, LTFT gets reset back to zero). It goes stupid all the time for no reason even on completely stock trucks that never use anything but straight gasoline.

Then you need totally different injector data setup. There's a link in the 'additional info' tab of the spreadsheet you should look at.

Virtual flex is bad, because it uses LTFT to infer alcohol content (and once that LTFT error is shifted over to alc%, LTFT gets reset back to zero). It goes stupid all the time for no reason even on completely stock trucks that never use anything but straight gasoline.
    Screenshot_20220824-193300_Samsung Internet.jpg

I guess I'm getting one of these this weekend.

You clear now on how to use your base fuel pressure to pick which column to use for the IFR & Offset tables?

You clear now on how to use your base fuel pressure to pick which column to use for the IFR & Offset tables?
    I've been reading some stuff on here but I'm still alittle confused, I just want to make sure I have everything right. Trying to learn how to tune more advance stuff like this, but don't want to mess anything up. I'm just ready for the dang thing to be done and run right!