Thread: l92 no injector pulse

Potential Tuner

l92 no injector pulse

hi, i have installed a 2007 6.2 l from a cadillac escallade 6.2l into my 53 ford f100, i`m a newbee so i`m learning a lot by looking on this forum,attached are the specs of the engine i built, my tune file, as well as a file from a scan i did yesterday when trying to start it. the tune, i deleted vats, vvt, dod, swapped over the injector data from a 2010 camaro (i have ls3 injectors), swapped over the transmission data from a 09 cadillac ctvs, with a noid light i have no pulse, confirmed with a volt meter that i have power when cranking over the engine, nothing on the ground side, i have checked and i have engine rpm, map sensor was checked, when scanning yesterday and looking over the data i noticed no pulse to injectors as well as nothing from my mass air, no active error codes present. i have a fuel guage set up and have 58 psi at the rail, im sure i screwed something up with the tune, i would really appreciate your opinions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by charger891; 08-11-2022 at 08:07 AM. Reason: adding fuel psi

That log shows no RPM signal for the entire 4m duration.

MAP is stuck at 10kPa, too, but the no-RPM is the first problem to solve.

edit: Or maybe Control Module Voltage dropping from 11.xx to 6.9v is the first problem to solve.
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 08-11-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    That log shows no RPM signal for the entire 4m duration.

MAP is stuck at 10kPa, too, but the no-RPM is the first problem to solve.

edit: Or maybe Control Module Voltage dropping from 11.xx to 6.9v is the first problem to solve.
    thanks!! really appreciate it! still learning and didn`t see the drop in voltage!!, i`ll tackle that 1st, i thought i seen rpm (must be loosing it!) the crank and cam sensor are new but i deleted vvt and the original engine harness had a bigger connector on it so i added a the pigtail to the new harness connector, i couldnt find much info on this, but i did test this connector yesterday and found 12v on 2 wires and one open, so i think something is wired wrong, i`ll have to do more research on that!

It doesn't need the cam sensor to read crank RPM. It will even fire up and run normally without any cam sensor at all, once it finds the right firing order. Cam sensor is only for #1 TDC compression/#1 TDC exhaust discrimination.

Potential Tuner
    thought the cam sensor circuit might be like that, wasen`t sure, thanks for clarifying that for me, then ill check the crank sensor and circuit

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    It doesn't need the cam sensor to read crank RPM. It will even fire up and run normally without any cam sensor at all, once it finds the right firing order. Cam sensor is only for #1 TDC compression/#1 TDC exhaust discrimination.
    I've always been under this understanding too but I did get bit by it though in a truck we did with a junkyard 5.3 and a GMPP harness. two pins were swapped at the cam sensor and the truck flat out wouldn't fire, no injector pulse, nothing. It took like a damn month to find that. I can't remember the details but it was like that little jumper harness on the timing cover was swapped and I think the GMPP harness was meant to just plug right into the sensor. I cannot remember.. But it really killed us trying to find what the hell was going on.

It wouldn't fire with the cam sensor unplugged or plugged in until we got those wires swapped.

I've never experienced another GM that wouldn't fire without the cam sensor.. maybe on wrong TDC but it would eventually fire.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    had a few minutes this afternoon to do a bit of troubleshooting, i have 1 dedicated battery cable going straight to the starter, the second one goes to the inside of the cab where it is split off by 2 fuse panels,one live, one key on, grounds are the same way,one on chassis,one to engine,one to cab, checked for current draw while cranking,could not get it to drop lower than 11.75 volts @fuse panel,checked controller ground from j1 connector and it is good, removed j1 from the controller, checked #20 wire (red\white) have 11.6 volts,skin the wire and added another wire straight to battery( with #20 still powered), as soon as i crank over,it drops control module voltage to 6.2 volts per VCM scanner,engine spins over no problem and voltage on volt meter is around 11.4 volts
    -control module voltage -,would that include #47 pink/white key on power?
    -any other ideas
    -one thing i noticed before and after i unplugged and plugged back in the crankshaft sensor(with key on to check voltage), i heard an audible click, could a new faulty sensor cause a short and affect control module voltage when engine is cranked over?

You need to monitor each of the power feeds to the ECM with a DVOM, with the ECM plugged in and drawing current, while cranking, to find which one is responsible. Maybe none of them are. It could also be on the ground side.

Or, it could be none of them and just a broked ECM.

Potential Tuner
    so the latest and greatest, i got the power issue resolved,
    -cam sensor,checked for voltage to sensor 4.9v, center has ground, 4.2 on other terminal, check continuity between connector and ecm connector and its good,if i pass a piece of steel in front of the sensor but i have to pretty well tap it, with VCM suite on it will show a count, tried this with 2 new sensors and they are the same,measured the depth of the center to the gear high spot and figured it was a bit too much of a gap so removed the side tabs, re-installed and as you can see it still does not register.

-crank sensor,check continuity between connector and ecm connector (good) but power wire was not, replace all 3 wires to the ecm plug in and connector at sensor (all soldered and heat shrunk), removed starter and checked sensor, sensor is a black one so changed it to a new grey sensor, powered it all up,with sensor in the air and vcm running, waived a piece of metal in front of it, no speed showing, all flustered i put it together, as you can see from the attachment i randomly get crank speed now, just not sure why it`s intermitent
    Attached Files Attached Files