Thread: Issues after 6.2 swap.

Potential Tuner

Issues after 6.2 swap.

Hey guys! New to tuning here so please let me know if I need to provide any additional information. I am having issues with start up, idle, knock and RPM float. The vehicle is a 2011 Chevy Avalanche 2wd with a L92 swap from a 2008 Yukon Denali. I have been working with an Email tuner and with my limited experience I am not knocking or questioning their ability. However, I am still having several issues. Can someone please review the tune file I was provided and the running logs I have been able to capture to see if myself or the tuner has missed something? Here are some details to the build.

L92 from Yukon
    New bearings, seals and gaskets throughout
    upgraded Cam: BTR Truck Norris 212/22X, .552/.552, 107 LSA
    Heads: stock from Yukon with upgraded BTR .560 beehive springs
    injectors are factory from Yukon
    intake manifold is factory from Yukon
    Throttle body is factory from Yukon
    Fuel system is stock
    manifolds are stock
    MAF sensor is from Avalanche
    MAP sensor is from Yukon
    Trans: 6L80E with a circle D 2800 Stall.

I have also been getting a P0108: MAP/BARO sensor high trouble code.

Any feedback or help would be appreciated!

10-Log.8.11.22.hpl2011 Avalanche 6.2 swap MM Email Tune Josh Austin.hpt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by airbagged97 View Post
    Hey guys! New to tuning here so please let me know if I need to provide any additional information. I am having issues with start up, idle, knock and RPM float. The vehicle is a 2011 Chevy Avalanche 2wd with a L92 swap from a 2008 Yukon Denali. I have been working with an Email tuner and with my limited experience I am not knocking or questioning their ability. However, I am still having several issues. Can someone please review the tune file I was provided and the running logs I have been able to capture to see if myself or the tuner has missed something? Here are some details to the build.

L92 from Yukon
    Fuel system is stock
    manifolds are stock
    MAP sensor is from Yukon

I am also a newbie to the tuning situation and have had some good advice from a couple of tuners. I did basically the same deal as you except I had a 5.3 from my 09 Silverado and replaced it with a Summit racing 6.2 Block and put a Summit racing 8712R cam with a .500/.500 lift camshaft and used the 243 heads off my 5.3. I did put a bigger fuel pump (E-85 pump) and bigger injectors from my supercharger kit. To get mine to run right I purchased a salvage yard ECM for a 09 Silverado that came out factory with a 6.2 and used that ECM then changed the VIN to match my truck, and had to do the TIS deal for the security to accept in the BCM. Very little tuning from that point and I just came back from a 1000 mile trip and all is well except I just can't get the idle where I want it (I like a smooth idle not rough running). Any way your timing looks like it is all over the place. My opinion I would try to stabilize that, and the put a wideband on it and see what your AF ratio or Lambda is and dial that in. Look at your virtual volumetric efficiency table. You might want look at my post HELP with tuning a 6.2. I have running logs and my editor files are posted there. It is only my opinion but I can tell you from what I have done should get you in the ballpark. I know there are good tuners out there and if you get a hold of a senior tuner they may also give you some good advise. Hope this helps

Tuner
    With that tight lobe sep on your cam, you are going to have some work to get the idle even OK at 800-900 rpm IMO.
    Go to the engine tab and then to spark then to the adaptive spark at idle.. Reduce the -negative numbers to -2.. Then reduce the positive side to 2.

This will help with your spark trying to "catch up" to your cam idle Lope

Tuner
    As Tfroggy says your lobe seperation is further off than mine. Did you degree your cam in. When I did mine I found a 110 seperation that called for a 112. I had a summit racing timing chain so I retarded my cam timing 2 degrees and put it right on the money. If the cam calls for a 107 you will probably get a lopey idle. But listen to Tfoggy and try what he says. Good luck

Lobe separation is how the intake and exhaust lobes are ground relative to each other. It's not the same as intake centerline, which is the only thing you can change by degreeing.

Potential Tuner
    I tuned my 6.2 swap. Tooley torque and tow cam. Supercharger. Rund great. I still have pre Supercharger tunes, and it ran great. Want me to send you one?

Potential Tuner
    Better yet I'll hook you up with my tuner. I shouldn't give out any tunes without his permission.

Tuner
    MrB is your tune for the super charger for an e-force edelbrock by chance. I just put a 6.2 in my Silverado and have a edelbrock e-force setting on the work bench waiting to be put on. I would like to get some kind of information on a tune before I put it on and damage a new engine,

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by airbagged97 View Post

L92 from Yukon
    Fuel system is stock
    manifolds are stock
    MAP sensor is from Yukon

I have already sent you my take on this situation. Just to let you know I have my 6.2 dialed in and running nice. Just thought I would send you my log files and you can compare to yours. Hope it helps
    Attached Files Attached Files