Thread: 1998 Trans am 408 ls stroker

Potential Tuner

1998 Trans am 408 ls stroker

im having idle issues and i can figure out exactly whats going wrong with it
    Attached Files Attached Files

It seems from the very limited information in your log that you are wildly RICH at idle. Have you tuned with a wideband to get your VE table sorted? Are you sure that your injector data is accurate? Your tune shows 40+lb/hr injectors. The #'s in your VE table in the idle areas shows numbers LOWER than I'm used to seeing which may be an indication that your injector data is not correct... If you had included that information in your original post, we would/could know to look past that and dig deeper.. However, with so limited information.. It's very difficult to help you. Misfire detection has been turned off. MAF fail is set significantly higher than any other tune I've ever seen. You are blended VE/MAF tune at this time. Your idle spark has not been blended into your LOW/HIGH octane spark tables. You are HIGHER in your idle spark tables than your other tables. Your PE is set to 1.239 across the board which is 11.86 AFR...rich... safe but overly rich.. Parts of torque management have been turned off. Maf airflow vs. frequency table needs smoothing... It's a bit dodgy. Your CRANKING VE table is significantly HIGHER than your actual VE table.. Those things need to be remedied/fixed. After that, you need to log the important IDLE AIR channels that will help us figure out what is really going on.. Please list ALL updates that have been made to the car.. Does it have cam, cold air intake, after market, or larger than stock throttle body, headers, bigger injectors, intake...? Mechanically we need to know what we are working with. Without more information it's going to be hard, or impossible, for us to give you further details. We need to be able to SEE in a log what is happening and you have not logged the pertinent channels to allow us to see the problem. You need to log a bunch more channels that can help.. dynamic air, idle desired air, STIT, LTIT, and many more I'm forgetting at the moment. For now, with the limited data I see in your log, you are RICH at idle... SHUT off the MAF, and do another idle log so we can figure out if it is the VE table that is off, or the MAF table that is off. Again, your VE tables for the idle areas are VERY LOW so if you shut off the MAF and it won't idle anymore, you may need to adjust the idle areas of the VE table to get it to idle so you can collect data.
    Last edited by HATEHPTUNERS; 08-12-2022 at 12:27 AM.

Potential Tuner

sorry i'm new to all of this I appreciate the reply

ok so its a 408 stroker with and ls6 intake, 243 stage 1 tsp heads ,1 3/8 longtubes, offroad y pipe, 255 racetronix pump with hot wire kit,bosch 0280155811 injectors, tick sns stage 2 227/235 cam, 660 btr springs, melling high pressure oil pump ,3.42 rear gear ,4l60e with a 3000 tc.
    I add some different things to the log hope they are what I need. Tomorrow I'm installing the wideband so I can log that too. Thanks again
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 98GreenTa; 08-12-2022 at 06:33 PM.