Thread: What is Injector Offset?

What is Injector Offset?

Yes yes I know about rich after reflash, please don't go there.

My question is, what exactly is "injector offset" (Gen 4 E38)?

Is the offset in regards to when the injector fires (either EOIT or maybe start of injection)?
    Is the offset an adder to the pulse width to keep the injector open longer?

[ECM] 12308 - Injector Offset vs. Pressure Delta vs. IGNV: This value is added to the injector pulse width as the delay time it takes for the injector to operate. It varies with the pressure across the injectors and battery voltage.

more: http://injectordynamics.com/articles...racterization/

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    [ECM] 12308 - Injector Offset vs. Pressure Delta vs. IGNV: This value is added to the injector pulse width as the delay time it takes for the injector to operate. It varies with the pressure across the injectors and battery voltage.

Nice overview of importance of correct injector data. I have to remember to never screw it up in the future!
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post

Thank you, I will give the article a read, I was actually referring to table 12308 (Inj. Offset vs Inj. Temp) though. When reading all three table descriptions (posted below) it almost seems that 12308 implies that the injector gets lazier as it gets hotter, spraying less fuel. So the adder comes into play as it gets hotter to compensate. I guess maybe the description is incomplete.

Code:
    [ECM] 12303 - Injector Offset vs. Injector Temp: This value corrects the delay time it takes for the injector to operate in relation to the injector temperature.

[ECM] 12309 - Injector Offset vs. Battery Voltage vs. MAP: This value is added to the injector pulse width as the delay time it takes for the injector to operate. It varies with battery voltage and manifold pressure.

Tuning Addict
    It's spray time that's added. Hot restart is a prime example