Thread: GMPP E67 - No Oil Pressure Reading?

Potential Tuner

GMPP E67 - No Oil Pressure Reading?

**RESOLVED**

The factory setting in the tune (Engine Diag -> General -> Oil Pressure Sensor) was set to 'Switch'. I changed this parameter to 'Sensor' and the pressure started to show in scanner using the Oil Pressure (SAE) PID.
    Last edited by ajg87; 08-18-2022 at 11:03 AM.

The special GMPP operating system, or the special GMPP ECM hardware, may not use the same oil pressure input pin as a production OS/ECM. The OS determines pin assignments (I should put that in my signature...) and if the OS doesn't have the code to look for an input, it won't ever be readable.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The special GMPP operating system, or the special GMPP ECM hardware, may not use the same oil pressure input pin as a production OS/ECM. The OS determines pin assignments (I should put that in my signature...) and if the OS doesn't have the code to look for an input, it won't ever be readable.
    My interpretation is that the GMPP equipment is certainly capturing this data, with direct connections back to the ECM from the sensor, and then also provided in a bulkhead for electrical gauge hookup. So I don't really understand why this data apparently is not being read? Unless what you're saying is that the Oil Pressure PID output is a pre-determined pin assignment in HPT, and is not the same assignment in the GMPP OS/Hardware, but I would find that a little more troubling if that's the case.
    Last edited by ajg87; 08-13-2022 at 06:21 AM.

Open a support ticket and ask the engineers, then. I'm just trying to tell you that the GMPP stuff is not necessarily the same as anything used in production except by coincidence. It's intended to be used in its as-delivered state, and the knowledge base of users figuring out exactly what's different from regular production line stuff is much smaller than it is for, say, CTS-V hardware.

Have you tested the oil pressure input pin in any way other than plugging in various sensors? Have you done a bypass test to try to drive it high and then drive it low and look for a response in the scanner? Have you tried a different scan tool?

I have attempted to mod eRod stuff. It did not work. Some form of protection on the software would let me change anything. Maybe someone else has had more luck with this.

Potential Tuner
    I have resolved this issue. OP has been updated.