Thread: Edge L5P ECM unlock

Tuner in Training

Edge L5P ECM unlock

Seems that Edge figured out how to do ecm unlocks in the vehicle. According to the documentation, once you run the unlock procedure, it's permanent. Just speculation, but if the box could be used to unlock more than one truck, then sending off ecm's will be a thing of the past assuming that once its unlocked any tuning device can tune it. Does anyone know any more about this?

Advanced Tuner
    It's unlikely the method by which they are unlocking the ECM would be compatible with any competing software package...

No the EDGE unlock won't work with any HPT files.
    Update...the EDGE unlock now works 100%.

It's about the same $$$ as HPT's unlock service.
    Last edited by Programmer; 01-17-2023 at 12:35 AM.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

Some people are telling me they got this to work with the latest Betas.

Tuner in Training
    Well, I gave it a shot, but immediately got stopped in my tracks. You need an internet connection when you go to read an L5P. So I?m assuming it does a VIN check to see if HP Tuners unlocked the ECM.

I didn?t try on the latest beta, but I?m assuming it will be the same story if it still requires the internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by deezolandrew View Post
    Well, I gave it a shot, but immediately got stopped in my tracks. You need an internet connection when you go to read an L5P. So I?m assuming it does a VIN check to see if HP Tuners unlocked the ECM.

I didn?t try on the latest beta, but I?m assuming it will be the same story if it still requires the internet connection.
    So what error did it give you when you tried to read it? Supposedly HPT only added support for it in the latest betas.

Potential Tuner
    Next week I will be able to let ya'll know if it works. The kit I ordered comes with the edge to unlock the ecm and HP tuner to tune.

Potential Tuner
    for the folks that are curious I've just finished tuning my l5p. used the edge to unlock my ecm, hp tuner to read my stock file, sent the stock file to my tuner for a custom tune. Received the custom tune, loaded the tune To my ecm with the MPVI3 from hp tuners and the truck works great. So yes you can use edge to unlock the ecm and use an hp tuner MPVI3 to tune an L5P

Potential Tuner
    nice, what hp software version?

Potential Tuner
    Vcm suite Beta

Potential Tuner
    Does using the Edge Unlock allow SOTF tuning to be uploaded to the ECM? Does this also unlock the TCM for 17-19 trucks?

Banned
    yes you can use sotf steering wheel controls. and yes it unlocks the tcm.

Potential Tuner
    Hey just a follow up on this. How is the truck running?

Potential Tuner
    Ive done the edge unlock and looking to buy whatever I need from hp. How many credits are needed and do I need to purchase the ecm upgrade kit

Banned
    if its already unlocked with edge then you just tune it with hp tuners.