Thread: First Tune

Potential Tuner

First Tune

Hello All, I am working on my first tune. I am just a bit nervous to upload it to my truck. For some background its a stock 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 with the L83 motor code. I did add the Flex Fuel sensor to the fuel line.

Since I am fairly new I found what I thought was similar GMC tune with everything similar except the Flex Fuel sensor on and the Flex Fuel, fuel tables. I know its asking a lot but if anyone else has done this, and can look to confirm I did not make any major mistakes I would truly appreciate it.

I am not looking to make any major changes at the moment, just basically do what GM would have done had my Sierra come from the factory with the Flex Fuel option.

Once again thank you for anyone to take your valuable time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks correct other than enabling some DTCs
    Engine Diag > DTCs
    P0178, P0179 and P2269 Check SES Enable and set Error Mode to MIL on Second Error

Potential Tuner
    Awesome Thank You!!! I truly apricate your help!

If you want to you can compared this file I made to help with a few minor tweaks that will help out some. The trucks run a pretty rich air fuel ratio, we can lean that out and even more so with E85 and be totally fine.

I made a few changes to the power enrichment settings, you can copy those changes over.

I also made some changes to the transmission settings on the 6L80e. These help with a crisper/faster shift to reduce the minor delay some will have. Look at the shift timing and the adaptive shift pressure settings. I also made changes to the torque converter, reduced the desired slip and turned the converter off for gears 1-4. This really helps prolong the life the stock converters that can be a weak point. I didn't do it on this file but I always raise the shift mph and the torque converter lock settings for 5th and 6th gear, I hate how it tries to shift into 5th at 30mph, I drag it out to 40mph+ along with the converter lock up so it doesn't lug around in that gear.

Open your file and then this file in the compare feature. From there you can poke through it and view the comparison log to see all the changes. It's not much but something to help you see what is different. If you do the transmission changes just remember to reset the adapts in the scanner before you drive it, that way it relearns. After you flash the file open the VCM scanner, connect to the truck and start a scan without turning the engine on, go into the special functions icon and to the transmission tab. I think it's labeled adapt preset and reset or very similar, just don't click the fast learn button. Click reset first, then preset and start the truck. The first few shifts will feel funny but it smooths out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.