Thread: Volumetric Efficiency (mg*K/kPa) PID

Volumetric Efficiency (mg*K/kPa) PID

Just curious about the Volumetric Efficiency (mg*K/kPa) PID...is this just reporting back the number it looked up and found on the VVE table, or is this supposed to be the desired/correct/calculated VE from the ECU?

VE PID.jpg

Senior Tuner
    I've always assumed its what the ECM calculates what GMVE is. Same as if you log MAF airflow in some mass/time
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I've always assumed its what the ECM calculates what GMVE is. Same as if you log MAF airflow in some mass/time
    I was hoping this is the case. If so, then you don't need to build a histogram using using fuel trims, you could just paste this number in. I am not sure this is the case, but I will try to experiment as time permits.

Senior Tuner
    Create a GMVE math parameter and compare it against the table. Logic tells me it'll be the same as the table save for scanner polling rates. Kinda makes sense as total fuel in closed loop when SD only would be GMVE +/- fuel trims.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I was hoping this is the case. If so, then you don't need to build a histogram using using fuel trims, you could just paste this number in. I am not sure this is the case, but I will try to experiment as time permits.
    yes but that number would not be corrected for fuel trims or Eq ratio error
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    This pid is the looked up GMVE value from the VE table, same for the airflow values from the MAF table(s). I've never seen anything that says otherwise. Wouldn't make sense to apply lambda/afr error corrections to these tables if they weren't constants.