Thread: more torque in drive and jerking at a light

Advanced Tuner

more torque in drive and jerking at a light

raised the throttle body airflow and now im getting more surging in gear on brakes, what part of idle/airflow to play with to calm it back down without lowering my total airflow in the throttle body area?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave401Redeye View Post
    I am new at tuning but i have had that issue. Two places to try. Click on idle tab then torque tab. There are a couple options for idle in neutral and idle in drive. When i had the surge that nothing seemed to fix. It was self induced when i set min timing to 12 degrees in all the tables. It seems that the min spark table that has base, startup and torque reduction needs -10 or less in the torque reduction table to be able to control idle surge.
    thank you for your reply! i will check that area and see what i can make of it.again, i appreciate your help!
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Tuner
    I have the same issue it sounds like with an HRT stage 2 cam. As soon as I get to the vss idle speed it feels like it lugs or surges on the brake. I have yet to figure out what it is I need to change. Playing with the friction table kinda made it better but not gone.
    If you have luck figuring it out Id love to hear what you did!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidJeep View Post
    I have the same issue it sounds like with an HRT stage 2 cam. As soon as I get to the vss idle speed it feels like it lugs or surges on the brake. I have yet to figure out what it is I need to change. Playing with the friction table kinda made it better but not gone.
    sure will

Just need to dial in fueling. that would cause surging/lugs

Quote Originally Posted by StupidJeep View Post
    What converter do you have in there?
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Tuner
    Still just a stock one. I wondered if that was maybe the issue also. But the slightest throttle input and it smooths right out.

Tuner in Training
    I installed HRT stage 2 in my jeep with 2600 stall converter. I had a random lunge until I corrected camshaft settings , turned ANN off and enabled map. Still running rich @idle but nothing crazy. Very time consuming playing with VE table

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by whaygood View Post
    I installed HRT stage 2 in my jeep with 2600 stall converter. I had a random lunge until I corrected camshaft settings , turned ANN off and enabled map. Still running rich @idle but nothing crazy. Very time consuming playing with VE table
    thanks for your reply. i dont have downstream o2 to tune the VE. is there a good way to tune without the use of the down streams? was playing with idle airflow but it got worse so i put the settings back and left it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    thanks for your reply. i dont have downstream o2 to tune the VE. is there a good way to tune without the use of the down streams? was playing with idle airflow but it got worse so i put the settings back and left it alone.
    Easy Fix guys but takes time to find correct settings for your car
    Need to lower Minimum airflow and throttle body air flow first 3 lines only
    if still bad then yes lower spark should be between 3-12 degrees 7 bout sweet spot on them cams but dont force it let it find idle

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evildodge View Post
    Easy Fix guys but takes time to find correct settings for your car
    Need to lower Minimum airflow and throttle body air flow first 3 lines only
    if still bad then yes lower spark should be between 3-12 degrees 7 bout sweet spot on them cams but dont force it let it find idle
    thanks for the reply! will look into it today.

Did you completely disable the Neural network and the VCT? if not than the ve table isn't being used.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    Did you completely disable the Neural network and the VCT? if not than the ve table isn't being used.
    neural network is off but i dont have variable cam timing.

Send the HPT.. i'll fix it for you