Thread: Better fuel mileage?

Tuner in Training

Better fuel mileage?

I see different ppl have different approaches to getting better fuel mileage, my last trip I got 14.5 miles to the gallon while running the ac and doing 70 mph with opening her uo a few times so it probably could of been a little better, it's an e38 what's the best way to get better fuel mileage, what steps and adjustments should I make? Add timing in cruse, adjustment 02's adjustment AFR?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 07 suburban; 08-14-2022 at 01:50 PM.

No one has any idea what's in your current tune file, or what kind of results that tune file gives when executed on a running engine, if you do not post the files to look at.

Tuner in Training
    Was looking for a general idea but ill post the file

Data logs of it running also help a lot.

But cammed/supercharged engines aren't going to get the best fuel mileage. Going 60-65 is likely the sweet spot for mileage on that thing.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 08-14-2022 at 07:49 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I tried getting some logs tonight but unfortunately the highway near me is always congested and I don't expect to get 30mpg, my last trip was 153 miles and truck did 14.5mpg and said I used just about 11 gallons of gas, that was cruising at 70mph with ac on and with jumping on it twice and a third time taking it up to 145mph so it didn't do too bad, I'd just like to see if i can get a little bit more out of it