Thread: Happy with my purchase! MPVI2+ L76 swap tuning

Happy with my purchase! MPVI2+ L76 swap tuning

I am really happy with my MPVI 2+ I just bought! I did a 6.0L L76 swap into a E46 BMW and was able to get it running with the immobilizer intact but it was a real pain. The start checks meant the bcm and start relay all had to be wired up properly with the original ignition switch and key just like it was in the truck. It looks for the proper sequence of turning the key and the switches, really quite a clever security feature! Aside from that I had also deleted the VVT and AFM and the car was having issues at part throttle and cruising. Loud backfires, surging etc. So I was looking at paying to tow it to a local dyno tuner. That would have cost me more than this cable and now I can use the tune I made and the knowledge I gained to do other swaps!
    The first time I flashed it I deleted the AFM, VVT and VATS, which seemed to work because now the car starts without the bcm and key/transponder hooked up and drives smooth down the road. I forgot to change the rev limiter in park/neutral tho so I have been messing with the tune some more seeing what else needs to be adjusted for going from moving a half ton truck to a small light car.
    I also forgot to set the tire size and gear ratio, so that should be correct now with 3.55 gears instead of the truck's 4.10s
    I should probably look at a Pontiac g8 tune file since that is the same engine.