Thread: hunting and dies after dyno tune. desperate please help

hunting and dies after dyno tune. desperate please help

the car hunts during idle, going lean to rich.

logging LTFT graph and channels read zero no matter what.

i hold the throttle down to 20% and it hunts, let up and she nearly dies from going way lean....

im def not knowledgeable at this, so kick me gently.

why would my graphs stay at zero? and why is car hunting during idle, and dies when i lift the peddle?

thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

What size injectors are in the engine? In your tune you have LTFT's turned OFF/DISABLED.. Further, you have STFT in open loop turned OFF/DISABLED. You have dynamic air disabled, making this a MAF only tune. This is why you are not seeing STFT and/or LTFT in your log.

Did you not already post here; https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...iled-dyno-tune

You have several options at this time. Hire someone to do remote tuning to help you. Or, hire a local tuner to help you get this tune finished. Or you can learn how to do it yourself. If you want to do it yourself-it's going to take HUNDREDS of hours to teach yourself how to tune. There are no short cuts. All of the information is FREE and available here on this forum, on Youtube, and many other sources. It's all there for the taking... But you will have to sit and sift through all of the available information, posts, and videos to gain an understanding of how the programming works, so that you can then make the necessary changes. If you want others on this forum to assist you, you will have to fix the tune so that the fuel trims are active, and do another log file. Good luck with your project.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolley View Post
    the car hunts during idle, going lean to rich.

logging LTFT graph and channels read zero no matter what.

i hold the throttle down to 20% and it hunts, let up and she nearly dies from going way lean....

im def not knowledgeable at this, so kick me gently.

why would my graphs stay at zero? and why is car hunting during idle, and dies when i lift the peddle?

thanks in advance
    why would my graphs stay at zero... You need to add the Mass Airflow frequency channel and you are in open loop like post#2.
    LTFT and STFT are closed loop parameters.

Try this Channels list, yours doesn't have enough data.
    You will need to add your WB, then transform>oxygen sensor> EQ Ratio and select your AEM ( PLACE IT IN THE SAME PLACE AS EQ Ratio COMMANDED to keep things organized, delete the AFR Commanded and add the EQ ratio Commanded.
    I recommend using Maths> EQ ratio error instead of AFR error. Clone (=) your AFR graphs or change the Parameter for EQ ratio in Graphs layout. Then log and post it.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 08-15-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HATEHPTUNERS View Post
    What size injectors are in the engine? In your tune you have LTFT's turned OFF/DISABLED.. Further, you have STFT in open loop turned OFF/DISABLED. You have dynamic air disabled, making this a MAF only tune. This is why you are not seeing STFT and/or LTFT in your log.

Did you not already post here; https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...iled-dyno-tune

You have several options at this time. Hire someone to do remote tuning to help you. Or, hire a local tuner to help you get this tune finished. Or you can learn how to do it yourself. If you want to do it yourself-it's going to take HUNDREDS of hours to teach yourself how to tune. There are no short cuts. All of the information is FREE and available here on this forum, on Youtube, and many other sources. It's all there for the taking... But you will have to sit and sift through all of the available information, posts, and videos to gain an understanding of how the programming works, so that you can then make the necessary changes. If you want others on this forum to assist you, you will have to fix the tune so that the fuel trims are active, and do another log file. Good luck with your project.
    sorry, i posted the wrong tune. correct is attached. i have been using the Tuning school materials, which is just the "receipt" for a tune.
    I had the car dyno tuned by a "pro" and had to tow the car home....
    so this might be a mechanical issue causing my rich lean condition. fuel injectors are stock LSA 52.5lbs, with the proper offset thanks to blindsquirel...
    my next shot is to grab a stock LSA tune, compare, copy, flash and see if it helps.
    i keep thinking my MAP data is incorrect. scaled charts for 3 bar, but im not sure

thanks for the help.

That file is still forcing open loop 24/7.

screenshot.15-08-2022 21.06.11.png

312.50/-11.25 is correct for the LSA MAP sensor, a.k.a 'supercharger outlet' 12592525 - but the other one, 'supercharger inlet' looks the same and will bolt into the same spot. The connector keying is different though. Does your sensor have a part number on it? Is it 'real' GM/Bosch?

Also, that file is MAF-only above 10 RPM. If you're changing the VE that's why its not having any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post

312.50/-11.25 is correct for the LSA MAP sensor, a.k.a 'supercharger outlet' 12592525 - but the other one, 'supercharger inlet' looks the same and will bolt into the same spot. The connector keying is different though. Does your sensor have a part number on it? Is it 'real' GM/Bosch?
    It is the stock Maps on the brick, in the stock locations. Zl1 lid, 1 bar up front, 3 bar in rear. I plugged into the 3 bar rear............would this cause incorrect readings, and should the locations be swapped?

still having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post

Been reading, and researching.

Question: would MAP location cause some of these issues? stock ZL1 lid using the 3bar in back. should i swap with one bar in front?

she still leans out on deceleration. if MAP was in wrong location could it be reading the drop in AP?

thanks for the help.

The front location - doesn't that hole go down through the housing and have the exit on the outside? The rear location is plumbed through to the inside. Your MAP PID is changing and reading manifold pressure in the logs. If it were in the wrong spot it would read a constant ~100kPa.

What are you seeing in the logs about the MAP sensor that I am not? It's ~100kPa before the engine starts. It goes to ~40kPa after it fires and idles. It goes higher when the throttle opens and load increases. The linear/offset are correct, if you have the right sensor plugged in.

Of course it leans out on decel. It's called DFCO - Deceleration Fuel Cut Off. It's supposed to do that unless somebody turns it off for some reason. There are settings for when it enters DFCO in the tune file.

I'm stumped on DFCO. As I understand dfco refers to the primary VE on deceleration. The car leans out so much that it dies when I lift the pedal. She also stumbles on cold start up, got me looking at coolant temps.. if I richen up the low parts of the table, it does not help.
    Thoughts?

Senior Tuner
    I'm stumped on DFCO. As I understand dfco refers to the primary VE on deceleration. The car leans out so much that it dies when I lift the pedal. She also stumbles on cold start up, got me looking at coolant temps.. if I richen up the low parts of the table, it does not help.
    Thoughts?
    The reason that you aren't see any effects of changing the fuel table is because you haven't disabled the MAF yet. That would be the first step to dialing in your VE table.

As I understand dfco refers to the primary VE on deceleration.
    It leans out in DFCO because the injectors are turned off. No fuel. Of course it's lean, the engine is effectively switched off and the crank is being turned by the rear wheels, not by combustion.

There should be a yes/no flag you can log in the scanner that'll tell you when it's active.

(I once had a line-in adapter that'd pick up injector noise and you could hear it with the volume turned all the way down - lift off the pedal, the ticktickticktick would go quiet, then start up again when VSS got down to 3-4 MPH.)

first drive...some success

after some comparisons of stock files along with the original non lsa tune, i was able to go around the block without stalling.

at the 18:11:18 mark it appears to go random lean....thoughts?

any WTF! issues you can see.

thanks fellas

does this AFR graph look correct? ive have a heck of a time getting the PID to stay in the channel config.

Graphs are not included in just a *.hpl file, for anybody else to see your graph(s) you have to attach them separately.

Graph file for viewing

hopefully this can be viewed. still getting the hang of the particulars.

Thanks @Blindsquirrel.