Thread: Cant get truck to cruise clean with big injectors..

Tuner

Cant get truck to cruise clean with big injectors..

Setup on the truck is
    Early 2004
    200% s&s injectors
    dual fuelers with controller
    s467

Issue I am having, no matter what I do with pilot timing/injection cant get this truck to run clean at cruising speed, always has some black smoke.. But with a single event I can get it to run clean.. Customer doesnt want that because its to loud..
    22-08-11 19-59-01.hpl
    jacob cummins rev9.hpt

I would try bringing down your rail pressure in cruising range. Larger injectors are more sensitive to rail pressure. It is going to cause smoke output to increase. Also, use the "Boost Limit A" table to limit fuel quantity for the amount of air you have available. Having that table maxed out even on stock injectors can make a truck a smokey pig.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sschulte16! View Post
    I would try bringing down your rail pressure in cruising range. Larger injectors are more sensitive to rail pressure. It is going to cause smoke output to increase. Also, use the "Boost Limit A" table to limit fuel quantity for the amount of air you have available. Having that table maxed out even on stock injectors can make a truck a smokey pig.
    Thanks for the reply! I ended up keeping rail pressure the same, lowering pulsewidth in the cruise area, also re enabled boost limit fueling.. Runs clean now!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by NRunkle View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I ended up keeping rail pressure the same, lowering pulsewidth in the cruise area, also re enabled boost limit fueling.. Runs clean now!
    Would you mind posting you current to tune with the injector pulsewidth setting need to adjust mine too