Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GEN3 Tuning Injector Data

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Oh, good. Pass. Too sketchy.

Try this instead: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274424906026
    51lb @58psi, stock GM data available in stock 2010-up L96 truck files. Work great. Not fake, this is that one weird part number that seems too good to be true, but it's not. My guess is somebody submitted an order to the factory for X number of pieces, but the factory interpreted it as X number of pallets. They are way cheaper than any other legit injector even from the dealer's parts counter with their 1000% markup.

If the ebay thing makes your spidey-senses tingle, you are welcome to buy the exact same thing from Rockauto for 4 times as much money: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1887186
    ($175 for a set of OE injectors is still stupid cheap)
    This should be a sticky. I have used Blindsquirrel's suggested injectors MANY many times now and they work great. Have a set that is a daily driver for well over 3 years. They work great, the data is solid and the price can not be beat.

I forgot I had this, but this is the actual truck that provided the stock L96 file I use for doing all the 12613412 data conversions. Heh. I had the tune file from the repository for a long time before I somehow happened across this pic somewhere totally unrelated.

2010-gmc-yukon-xl-4wd-4dr-2500-slt-1GKZKREG0AR189018.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Im gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on those injectors. Are there any wiring adapters that are better than others to go from multec to ev6? If you have the conversion data handy for those to the p01 ecm i would gladly take it.

Replace the pigtails, it's way too easy to get crappy quality with the plug-in adapters.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/132370243894

Quote Originally Posted by 49 hoopty View Post
    If you have the conversion data handy for those to the p01 ecm i would gladly take it.
    Fuel pressure, fuel system/regulator type?

If you search the forum for '12613412', I've already posted most all possible combinations in previous threads.

Tuner in Training
    Im 58psi with mechanical gauge, running corvette regulator with built in return, so im returnless to the rail.

I found a couple threads just checking to make sure i change the correct things. Found one tune you posted for it and noticed the prime for starting you had most of them 0 instead of the stock values. Wasn't sure if i should make changes to those also.
    Last edited by 49 hoopty; 02-08-2023 at 09:35 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thats helpful. Just change those 3. There were other sections there that were different. wasn't sure if i was suppose to change those also.
    Last edited by 49 hoopty; 02-08-2023 at 10:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    So in theory these settings should be right for the 50lb injectors. I saw someone else posted different kpa settings going from 49-54 instead of 50-55. Not sure if thats really matters that much?

50# injector setting 1.hpt

There were a bunch of people conflating these injectors with the similar but different 12609749s.

Tuner in Training
    Ya i saw that. i was trying to compare my injector data with some of the other tunes i have seen on here that said they were right and all of them have different values in different spots. so not sure which one is really right. Have to search some more. Looks like most people have the limits for min and default pulse of .243, and all have different kpa values with small changes.

Conversions done using the spreadsheet give data that looks OK but really isn't, not if the source is a late E38/E67, like these are. And even two different people doing their own manual conversion could come up with very slightly different numbers here and there. Sometimes it's just differences in the number of digits used and the rounding that then happens.

I show most of how I do it here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?98228
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 02-09-2023 at 08:14 AM.