Need help. 17 Procharged H.O S550

Car:
    2017 Mustang GT
    Procharger HO kit
    3.375 Pulley
    2020 gt500 injectors
    Return Style Fuel System
    w/TI 535 fuel pump

Been trying to self tune my car for a couple of years now and every time I get back to trying to figure this out, I feel like I am getting nowhere. In still a beginner so please don't beat me up too much. I am not understanding what is causing @ 4400-5400, as the RPM's climb, the load decreases. I also attached a Dyno Pull where in this case, it is adding timing and still has a dip in the same area. Im also getting lots of KR with just normal driving where I believe it shouldn't be, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm doing something wrong. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dip.JPG

Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Load is calculated based on maf/rpm. So you might consider logging maf flow and frequency and it will get you closer to the cause. Also is the throttle blade staying wide open?

Tuner in Training
    I have MAF Period and Mass Flow logged. The throttle body goes from 85* to 82* @4700rpm. My foot was drifting off the pedal but even when held to the floor throttle body closes roughly 3 degrees which is the same result on the Dyno pull log. It wouldn't be closed enough to make a difference I don't think. Capture1.JPG

Your driver demand limit source changes to "insufficient fuel flow" right when that happens. I've seen that before when I was running a tune from a known tuner. I never looked into how to fix it since I switched to my own tune and it doesn't happen.

Advanced Tuner
    I don’t think that small throttle change is doing it. I suspect it’s a maf calibration issue. Notice how the maf goes flat when it happens.

Tuner in Training
    What would it mean if my current MAF curve looks like a stock curve?(MAF is now in a 3.5" Charge pipe & return style) I was just comparing my current one to my stock tune, and they are not too far off from each other.(MAF in OEM location). I added my MAF curve from when I had LU-47 injectors and used the injector data from fords website just for comparison.(MAF was in the HO intercooler & returnless). I used the injector data straight from the 2020 gt500 calibration file to then calculate the flow rates at 55psi. Is it possible the injector data I calculated is wrong?

MAF Compare.jpg

your max inj DC is set to 105 % . what is your logged DC based on commanded airflow .. change your DC MAX and try again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GSLSE20B; 08-23-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare5spd View Post
    What would it mean if my current MAF curve looks like a stock curve?(MAF is now in a 3.5" Charge pipe & return style) I was just comparing my current one to my stock tune, and they are not too far off from each other.(MAF in OEM location). I added my MAF curve from when I had LU-47 injectors and used the injector data from fords website just for comparison.(MAF was in the HO intercooler & returnless). I used the injector data straight from the 2020 gt500 calibration file to then calculate the flow rates at 55psi. Is it possible the injector data I calculated is wrong?

MAF Compare.jpg
    Your injector Data is definitely not what i have for 2020 GT500, i would double check you data source, maybe it was scaled. Also i have % optimum power set to 70
    SCT DATA
    Break Point 0.0000137
    Hi Slope 0.0160050000995398
    Low Slope 0.0203280001878738
    pulse width 0.000493000028654933
    Last edited by mstang_man; 08-23-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Tuner in Training
    mstang_man, I have the same data. What I did was entered the data in one of ID worksheets that had a return style system tab and needless to say the output did not calculate correctly. I was following the cookbook where it says to change the multipliers to 1.0. Then rescaled high/low slope for 55psi. I just re-entered the injector data just like in the gt500. Also changed Max DC to 199% and Max DC Flex Fuel to 200% like GSLSE20B suggested. I will flash and report back tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    I put in the correct injector data. Max DC to 199% and Max DC Flex Puel to 200%. I changed under Airflow>General>General Man. Vac. Mult. value to 0. Changed Fuel Sys>Fuel Pump>Low speed enable to 0.00s and Full on Threshold to 0.00lb/min. Disabled KOEO test and KOER test. Disabled some DTC's for the fuel pump control module. I added the channels fuel flow rate and Injector pulse width. Went for a log.

Still get insufficient fuel flow but now at 6250rpms. IDC seems to be around 65% if I'm logging it correctly. I still have some MAF weirdness around 4300-5300rpms. Do you think a boost leak can cause this?

your accel pedal is dropping you out of WOT at 6200 rpm in the first hit , the second hit kept you in OP with no issues except you traction control was on the whole time . turn TC off and roll into it with more than 70% pedal . watch your knock between 4400-5200 . you should also zero out your cylinder pressure lambda modifier
    Last edited by GSLSE20B; 08-25-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Tuner in Training
    My Foot tends to lift off the pedal. I will get better at holding it down to the floor. I will make the suggested changes and I will report back with an updated log. Thanks GSLSE20B!

Tuner in Training
    First pull was in 4th (damn foot) and the second pull is in 3rd gear 100% throttle. KR cleaned up a little. No KR on the 2nd pull. Not much has changed with the insufficient fuel flow and weird MAF issue around 4300rpm.

Advanced Tuner
    A few things I noticed. Your eq goes lean then you go into insufficient fuel for most of the rest of the pull. This seems to be happening between your 2nd to last and last plot points on your maf curve. I would suggest adding more resolution in this area and adding 5% more fuel than needed to see if that will keep it from dipping. Capture.PNG

log your MAP and then adjust your calculated map max to keep you out of fuel limit
    Last edited by GSLSE20B; 08-26-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Tuner in Training
    added the resolution to MAF Period and logged MAP. Map is hitting 45inhg by the time it show Insufficient flow, and hits 50inhg max. I have calculated map max set to 64inhg.17 Procharged S550 4.hpt17 Procharged S550 4.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GSLSE20B View Post
    log your MAP and then adjust your calculated map max to keep you out of fuel limit
    I know this has probably been addressed somewhere but maybe you can answer this for me. I am confused as to why and how the pcm is using speed density or map data. The car has no map? I understand things can be inferred but it just seems weird like its half a maf tune and half a map tune. Why not just be a straight MAF tune?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare5spd View Post
    added the resolution to MAF Period and logged MAP. Map is hitting 45inhg by the time it show Insufficient flow, and hits 50inhg max. I have calculated map max set to 64inhg.17 Procharged S550 4.hpt17 Procharged S550 4.hpl
    you can take the fuel back out then but id leave the extra resolution, it wont hurt anything.

Tuner in Training
    I can't answer your first question unfortunately. I just copped what you had posted in the picture. It was not to far off. 101, & 104 just have to add like 1.5%
    Last edited by Rare5spd; 08-26-2022 at 03:11 PM.

looks similar to traction control or belt slip, I see you have cyl air anticipation disabled as you should, but you also need to disable desired air mass since your SD is not tuned yet. when troubleshooting remember to log all source codes. go to channels and type source at the top left. you're missing a few.