Thread: Stock 06 Silverado too rich at cruise

Tuner

Stock 06 Silverado too rich at cruise

Hi, my 2006 Silverado 5.3 is all stock. For some reason, it wont go leaner than 14.5, a lot of the time around 14.2. I've tried tuning the VE table and disabling MAF (MAF fail hertz to 0, p0101-103 fail on first, disable cot, disable dfco) and slowly leaning out the ve table by 1% at a time until i got fed u and even tried a blanket 4% (total of 10% i think) leaner, nothing changed. I then went full MAF (re-enable everything, High RPM disable set to 200 rpm) and went through the whole process again, leaving the ve table where I left off leaning it out, and no change. I also tried to set Stoich to 15.1 to see if that would change and nothing again. I reset the ltft after every attempt and drove the vehicle from a few to several miles with no luck. I found some people changed the transient fuel from 0.028 to 0.025 with no change.

Kind of at a loss. LTFT is also hovering around 10% while all this is happening too. Also, if I command 15:1 AFR through the scanner, it will hit 15, Im just trying to hit 14.7 steadily. I am really trying to dial this thing in before I go on a road trip in a few days so any help would be appreciated. I have tuned a few gen 3 combos before but haven't ran into this issue.

Thanks.

cruise tuning.hpl
    cruise tuning.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Are you using 100% gas or E10?

It's in closed loop and you're trying to use the wideband data to make adjustments to VE/MAF?

Tuner
    E10, but I don't know about other gas in other state I'll be driving through, that's why I was going with an e0 mindset.

Yes, in closed loop with wideband to make adjustments to both ve and MAF.

That doesn't work. To use the wideband it has to be in open loop. Otherwise it's just reading the result after the trims have made their corrections. Use trims in closed loop, or wideband in open loop. You can't do half of one with half of the other.

Tuner
    I see what you are saying, makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why the fueling doesn't change at all when adjusting the VE or MAF at cruise. If I turn off fuel trims and tune it, then turn them back on when done, wont it start change everything back to before tuning it then?

So when I tuned my gen4 vette on MAF only, fuel trims were never an issue. I have been using the Tuning school book to tune and had great results with the vette but not this thing.