Thread: AFR GRAPH DATA is it correct?

AFR GRAPH DATA is it correct?

Hello again.

Ive really been cramming my head full of tuning stuff. Thanks to all that have helped so far.

Question: My AFR graph is only showing rich conditions....way rich....gets me thinking my data input is wrong. could you take a look? also check out my scan for my WTF's....the car made valve clatter noises the last 3 mins of the drive, but nothing appears weird on the scan.

Thanks again
    Attached Files Attached Files

oops my bad agin.

here is the graph file.

Fact checking

Quote Originally Posted by Rolley View Post
    Hello again.

Ive really been cramming my head full of tuning stuff. Thanks to all that have helped so far.

Question: My AFR graph is only showing rich conditions....way rich....gets me thinking my data input is wrong. could you take a look? also check out my scan for my WTF's....the car made valve clatter noises the last 3 mins of the drive, but nothing appears weird on the scan.

Thanks again
    I doubled check the math EQ but this log seems way way rich....i had to have something screwy.

Senior Tuner
    It's actually just too lean throughout most of the curve. Fortunately, the LTFT's are saving you by adding fuel. It's pretty much 12-13% too lean.
    I'd recommend disabling the MAF sensor first, then you can do another datalog and post it. Feel free to email me if you want me to tune it for you. I do a lot of similar combos.

LTFT MAP.jpg

nothing i do changes the lean condition richer

i data logged. stopped the car and saved file, copied and pasted into Primary VE special multiple by half. it raised the VE table conservatively......car runs leaner.

so i go back to default VE, and lower the numbers conservatively.....no real change.

I need to start fishing as hobby as it wont drive me freaking nuts like this crap does......

is there anything noticeable that im not doing?

Tuner in Training
    i data logged. stopped the car and saved file, copied and pasted into Primary VE special multiple by half. it raised the VE table conservatively......car runs leaner.

so i go back to default VE, and lower the numbers conservatively.....no real change.

I need to start fishing as hobby as it wont drive me freaking nuts like this crap does......

from what im learning, unburnt fuel will cause a lean condition, probably to much but im not a tuner so i cant tell by your attachments

Senior Tuner

Use the scanner to clear the LTFT's and try it again. You'll get there...

Are you resetting the ltft's every time before you start a log? If not that will throw everything off. As said earlier you need to fail the maf so you can tune the ve properly in sd. I would start with the stock tune ve table and do not reduce any fuel percentage and start from there. I did the whole .60, .80 .90 on my setup initially and it was too lean so I went back to stock and only lowered the 800 to 1600rpm by 10% and was able to get it in line, but had to add more fuel after 1600 in some areas. Its a pain in the butt but you'll get it eventually just takes time and patience. Also don't try and shoot for that 0 on all cells cause it's almost impossible lol. As long as you're within +-5% you will be fine.
    02 Tahoe, Rebuilt 5.3, PRC 2.5 heads, BTR Stg2 V2 cam, 50lb Injectors, Speed Engineering LT's, Offroad Y, Magnaflow catback, Built 4L60, NP241 swap etc etc...