Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Mustang GT U0415 and ABS C0033 after Header install and Tune

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    The pscm is the power steering control module while is the computer built into the steering rack
    Thanks much. I was suspecting that's what it was. For some reason I don't see that module as being in the Forscan list. Maybe that's a clue in itself !!
    Formerly tuned LS motors with hpt
    Now tuning "Full Bolt On" 2022 Mustang GT A10 on "E70"

Advanced Tuner
    I don't have PSCM or EPAS in my modules lists in Forscan. See pictures. Can anyone else with a Mustang show that they do? Maybe there's a fuse for it that got blown?

Not sure whether to attempt to 'write as built data' to any of the modules... or if I am able to do so, I don't think I pulled the 'as built' previously from the car.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Dean

forscan modules list.JPG

forscan modules list2.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by deanm11 View Post
    I don't have PSCM or EPAS in my modules lists in Forscan. See pictures. Can anyone else with a Mustang show that they do? Maybe there's a fuse for it that got blown?

Not sure whether to attempt to 'write as built data' to any of the modules... or if I am able to do so, I don't think I pulled the 'as built' previously from the car.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Dean

forscan modules list.JPG

forscan modules list2.JPG
    SO doing a little research and apparently there is has been an ongoing issue with the Forscan software and PSCM (Power Steering Control Module) and SASM (Steering Angle Sensor Module). According to what i have been reading the calibration data is not accurate. In some instances the PSCM is missing in the software. Whereabouts are you located?

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you very much. I'm in Northern New Jersey.

Advanced Tuner
    Have any friends a that are techs at ford ? Would literally take just a few minutes to do a quick module reprogram or pmi on them with the ford ids .

Advanced Tuner
    Have any friends a that are techs at ford ? Would literally take just a few minutes to do a quick module reprogram or pmi on them with the ford ids .
    I don't. I use a guy as an independent mechanic for some repair jobs I don't want to do. He could know someone, I'll look into that.

I guess in theory Forscan should be able to reprogram just the same but we're seeing there are bugs. And it seems we can't tell for sure which is the offending module.

And am I correct that there's not material likelihood that ECM/hptuners programming has anything to do with this? If there was some chance, I'd consider undoing my TMPS mod with forscan, do a write entire to the ECM with hptuners and start over.

Advanced Tuner
    ford would just be able to do it to the most updated software versions as they do update them from time to time if they find out there is a issue with a software glitch

Advanced Tuner
    Update - I tried writing ABS, BCM and SCCM modules and that didn't seem to help. I checked for bad fuses and didn't see any issue. I also noticed that at parking lot speed, the dashboard lights clear... only after hitting about 15mph do the lights (and presumably the codes) go off.

Before the writing I bought the extended Forscan license. My cable is considered not 100% compatible so I ordered one of the recommended cables. Maybe this will allow the PSCM to show up.

Advanced Tuner
    This is becoming real strange for sure

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for watching and giving ideas. I will report after the new cable is in hand. Then I'm on to finding someone with the Ford tool. The speed required to trip the lights is interesting.. might be a clue.

Advanced Tuner
    I had issues with the Chinese dongles. Hopefully that is the problem.

Have you checked the wiring? Is it possible you cut or unplugged something?

This is what I use now.
    https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-FO...81VQVD3F&psc=1

Advanced Tuner
    I've been looking over wiring and haven't see anything suspicious yet. I ordered one of the two Forscan recommended cables this time, though not the one you say. With the cheaper non-recommnded one I have now, forscan actually gives a warning in the log about the cable. Cable comes Tuesday, will report back. thank you all for the ideas.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by deanm11 View Post
    I'll have to recheck logs to see. My cam tuning is based on street tuning then some adjustments on dyno.
    Finally checked the logs - you are correct, while I command -26 at around 3500rpm, the resulting timing doesn't get past about -19/-21 Cam & Cam2 Angle

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I thought -22 was max amount the intake cam could move

Yea I thought -22 was max amount the intake cam could move
    -50 is the max normally and -20 for OP
    Last edited by veeefour; 09-04-2022 at 01:32 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Update: With the better Forscan cable it seems I get more data on the fault that seems to all derive from ABS. I am more suspicious of something physical now. I separately have a little brake noise on the drivers side front and even feel like I can feel a little something in the pedal. Might not be related. Attached are screenshots of the enhanced/Freeze frame information regarding the error

abs fault details.JPG

ipma fault details.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    might want to take to ford they should be able to cover it under 3/36 as the tune does not affect anything in the bcm and they know that.

Advanced Tuner
    Update:

I have a friendly 3rd party shop that can do all the IDS operations I need.

I think the ABS module pulses before it throws the codes - I thought I had an unrelated clunk kind of sound right about where the module is... but I think as it encounters the error it pulses and then it throws the codes.

Advanced Tuner
    Keep us updated

Advanced Tuner
    Update/conclusion:

Mechanical fault. Totally coincidental that this popped up right after my header and full exhaust install and tune update.... Swapped the front hubs L-R and the tone wheel code swapped sides. Figuring out correct hub for my car and it should be resolved. I did find a privateer with the Ford IDS tools and he observed the ABS sensor data be ok and then flake out and set the code. He gave me the idea to swap the hub sides. Thanks all for struggling through this with me. Separately, I'm going to dynojet baseline this car... this is FBO on "E85" (tests about 70%) but I haven't installed ported intake/TB and exhaust not in final form. Then in the Spring I'll do final tune and dyno. My 2020 dyoned 472hp. With 'free-er' flowing exhaust this time I'm looking for a solid 480, we'll see.