Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Mustang GT U0415 and ABS C0033 after Header install and Tune

Advanced Tuner

2022 Mustang GT U0415 and ABS C0033 after Header install and Tune

After my header install, switchover to E85 and tune I got the Christmas tree of dashboard lights.. Car runs great otherwise.

Got a U0415 (invalid ABS data) with standard scanner and found a C0033 (RF "tone wheel" /ABS sensor) in ABS with Forscan. Seemed a little unlikely but went ahead and replaced the RF ABS sensor with no change in the problem.

Seems unlikely anything my tune did. (attached) In case any ideas out there ? Log attached as well - not in love with the torque model results but seems ok enough for now.

Otherwise I guess I disturbed something in the wiring ...

Dean 2022 GT Tune3 FBO E70 15aug2022.hpt2022 log 15aug2022.hpl
    Formerly tuned LS motors with hpt
    Now tuning "Full Bolt On" 2022 Mustang GT A10 on "E70"

Advanced Tuner
    did you modify your pcm with forscan before tuning?

Advanced Tuner
    yes, as i had done with my '20, I tuned off TPMS so i doesn't complain there's no sensors in my wheels setup.

Advanced Tuner
    To clarify: I had hputuners tunes written previously. All was well with the Forscan TPMS and tune in place.. .until mechanical and fuel changes, made a tune update and now this issue.

Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by deanm11 View Post
    To clarify: I had hputuners tunes written previously. All was well with the Forscan TPMS and tune in place.. .until mechanical and fuel changes, made a tune update and now this issue.

Thank you.
    Did you receive a message " Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available and Hill Descent Control Fault messages" after updating tune file? have ycheck ou scanned it with a scan tool? did you receive any of the messages below? Check the connections around the strut for abs. Have you cleared all the DTC with FORSCAN?

PCM U0415F (Code: V0415 - Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module A. Status: DTC Present at time of request. Malfunction indicator lamp is Off for this DTC. Module: Powertrain Control Module)
    ABS C0033 (Code: C0033 - left Front Wheel Speed Sensor. Additional Fault Symptom: Signal Has Too Few Transitions/Events. Status: - Previously set DTC - Not present at time of request. Malfunction indicator lamp is Off for this DTC. Test not complete. Module: Antilock braking system)
    Last edited by mstang_man; 08-23-2022 at 05:01 PM. Reason: additional info

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    Did you receive a message " Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available and Hill Descent Control Fault messages" after updating tune file? have ycheck ou scanned it with a scan tool? did you receive any of the messages below? Check the connections around the strut for abs. Have you cleared all the DTC with FORSCAN?

PCM U0415F (Code: V0415 - Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module A. Status: DTC Present at time of request. Malfunction indicator lamp is Off for this DTC. Module: Powertrain Control Module)
    ABS C0033 (Code: C0033 - left Front Wheel Speed Sensor. Additional Fault Symptom: Signal Has Too Few Transitions/Events. Status: - Previously set DTC - Not present at time of request. Malfunction indicator lamp is Off for this DTC. Test not complete. Module: Antilock braking system)
    Yes, those are the exact codes. I can't remember 100% the sequence .... in very close succession, I switched out the exhaust, fuel to ethanol and new tune. (again already previously tuned but with much more modest changes initially.

I can get the U0415 out a a cheap scan tool and I only get the C00033 through Forscan. Attached is one of the snips from Forscan. I clear in Forscan and then it comes back.

I changed the RF ABS sensor so I've been over all the harness from the hub to the frame rail, since I replaced the unit/harness. That didn't help.

Thank you very much for helping.

forscan21aug2022.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    Did you program the new hcu with the as built data ?

Advanced Tuner
    The Forscan change was one element change only - IPC setting for TPMS. I believe this was to 'As built' data. This worked fine with beginning basic hptuners tune. Then I did the full exhaust and more expansive tune. Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by deanm11 View Post
    The Forscan change was one element change only - IPC setting for TPMS. I believe this was to 'As built' data. This worked fine with beginning basic hptuners tune. Then I did the full exhaust and more expansive tune. Thank you.
    I am thinking their was a read/write issue with the tune file, i havent experienced this HP Tuners but i have with SCT X4 but it was mostly due to low battery voltage during the read/write process. can you post the original tune file?

Advanced Tuner
    Sure here is the original tune file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    was the abs unit replaced as well or just wheel speed sensor? when i was a tech at ford we would see often random issues to where some modules would loose there programming and get the codes for invalid data from them and we would use the ids to either reprogram them with as built data or if there was new software update to be done we would use that and that code would usually go away if there wasnt a internal fault in the module. thats why i asked if you reprogrammed it with as built data if it was replaced.

Advanced Tuner
    I replaced only the wheel speed sensor. I'll have to look into whether I'd be able to reprogram the ABS module. Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    ok give it a try and see if you can reload it with as built just for shits and giggles

Advanced Tuner
    I've had this happen several times. The fix for me was/is to reset the modules with forscan. Usually it is the SCCM and PSCM that fixes mine.

Advanced Tuner
    On your first tune I see you are running -26 intake cam timing. Are you really getting this amount? I ran it through my engine sim and it gives a large bump in low end power.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I’ve seen those 2 module freak out and cause havoc as well. Just trying to give any info that I’ve come across

For Scan and all IDS-based tools will always do general can reset after write.

This becomes problematic if you battery voltage is low and this is especially problematic with 3 gen

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    On your first tune I see you are running -26 intake cam timing. Are you really getting this amount? I ran it through my engine sim and it gives a large bump in low end power.
    I'll have to recheck logs to see. My cam tuning is based on street tuning then some adjustments on dyno.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you all for your suggestions. Based on the collective, I tried: resetting ABS module, SCCM module. (I couldn't find 'PSCM' K44. Was that supposed to be a reset of PCM? Reflash with hptuners required after that? I tried a clean new hptuners write (not entire). Seems next steps would be: Try a write entire. Do the load/write to ABS/SCCM modules from as built data ?

Advanced Tuner
    The pscm is the power steering control module while is the computer built into the steering rack