Thread: Playing nicely with Circuit tools

Potential Tuner

Playing nicely with Circuit tools

I use circuit tools for with my vbox lite which works seamlessly. The only problem with the vbox lite is the poor camera resolution and I may as well record the footage with a potato.
    My plan is to use a Race Box Mini to record the data and then sync the video (from a GoPro 8) to the data using Race Render 3.
    I would then like to open the .vbo file in Circuit tools which should then open the video (created using race render 3) at the same time. Circuit tools requires another column in the .vbo file to recognise which video to open. Does Race Render add this column to the .vbo file when it links the video to the data in the .vbo file.

Many thanks

Rexton

Advanced Tuner
    RaceRender won't edit the .vbo file unfortunately. RaceRender will only read the Input Files without modifying them. There are some Export options for the data files, but .vbo isn't one of the options.

You might have a few options for getting the video into Circuit Tools, but they'll mostly be pretty manual (see https://rennlist.com/forums/data-acq...l#post13947365).

Easy: Save the video rendered by RaceRender with the exact same name as the video from the vbox lite. Then place the .vbo file in the same folder as the RaceRender video and open it in Circuit Tools. It seems like the .vbo file may only have a reference to the filename; so swapping the videos and naming them exactly the same seems to be enough (see https://rennlist.com/forums/data-acq...l#post13494092)

Hard: You could try editing the .vbo file itself and changing the AVI section to reference the video from RaceRender. I'm not sure that this actually buys you anything over renaming the output video from RaceRender, but it would let you keep the original video in the same folder as the .vbo file.

I'm assuming that by matching up the video to the data, you should have an output video that is roughly synchronized with the original vbox lite video. You could always also import the vbox lite video to help match up exact frames and then hide it prior to rendering in RaceRender. Just be sure to always move the GoPro video relative to the data (and not the data relative to the video) and to render the entire video starting at the point in time when the data starts. My understanding is that everything is just relative timing; so keeping the timing of the output video the same as the original vbox lite video should keep everything aligned in Circuit Tools.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the detailed reply. I was using the vbok in one car and a Race Box Mini in the other car. I have found the if i use Harrys Lap Timer with a video that is synced up to the data then it will put the .vbo file in a format that works with circuit Tools. This means I can conect the Race Box Mini to Harrys Lap timer and Harrys Lap timer will create a vbo file with the correct columns and tells me what to remame the video. I will use a GoPro for the high quality video and link it to the vbo file using Race Render 3. A neat solution I think