Thread: Options on OS files

Tuner in Training

Options on OS files

I grabbed a junkyard 5.3 and i have a spare ecu that i used for my racecar...... upgraded it to a 3 bar OS
    Engine currently has a standard 1 bar os.
    Im trying to get the engine to run without being pig rich

I dont have a MAF pigtail so its currently SD.

Is there any way to either
    a] downgrade OS to 1 bar
    B] change map linear to 1 bar and give it a whirl
    c] copy everything from 5.3 file and make it work?
    D] interpolate fuel table all the way to 315 to fool it into thinking its just a really big 1 bar map?

I do have a 5.3 ecu MAF, but i don't feel like spending $100 on credits to make it run

Thanks in advance

1. You need the stock file to go back to the 1 bar OS, if you have that file you'd just do a write entire to make it stock again.

2. Changing the linear and offset settings would be easy to make it run on the 1 bar MAP again.

4. You could copy the stock VE back into the 0-105 KPA section of the 3 bar VE table and it should run just fine doing that. You can't make the 3 bar table into one really large 1 bar ve table.

As a side note, the 5.3 MAF sensors have a IAT sensor in them so you must install a IAT sensor into the intake somewhere. All fueling calculations factor in the intake temps, so you need to have that working.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    1. You need the stock file to go back to the 1 bar OS, if you have that file you'd just do a write entire to make it stock again.

2. Changing the linear and offset settings would be easy to make it run on the 1 bar MAP again.

4. You could copy the stock VE back into the 0-105 KPA section of the 3 bar VE table and it should run just fine doing that. You can't make the 3 bar table into one really large 1 bar ve table.

As a side note, the 5.3 MAF sensors have a IAT sensor in them so you must install a IAT sensor into the intake somewhere. All fueling calculations factor in the intake temps, so you need to have that working.
    LUCKILY i fired up my laptop and there the stock file was..... just chillin. lol
    Flashed back to single bar....... forgot that this was a 6.0 ECU...... is this just a simple os swap to 5.3?

As for the IAT, ima go to junkyard tomorrow for a pigtail and splice it into the harness to get maf back

Don't swap the OS, that costs money.

Just find a stock file with the matching OS but in a 5.3 file. Then just use the compare feature between the two. The compare function lets you copy over all the engine side values to a 5.3 in like 3 clicks of the mouse.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    gotcha, thought it was a OS swap..... ok cool, sounds good, thanks! i use the compare file alot on 1 of my ECU's here at home lol

thanks for the help!