Thread: Simos 18.2 Support?

Potential Tuner

Question Simos 18.2 Support?

I am having trouble locating a tuner that supports my car and would like to check on HPTuners for supporting my platform. Everyone who tunes VWs seems to favor Eurodyne, Cobb or ECUTek. Anyone that can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What year/make/model/engine size vehicle?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Several 18.2 platforms are supported already. For example the pre MQB Jetta line etc.

I would recommend opening a support ticket with your box code and they can confirm or deny.

18.2 is very similar to 18.1/18.6 (same project code), just different definition files.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Several 18.2 platforms are supported already. For example the pre MQB Jetta line etc.

I would recommend opening a support ticket with your box code and they can confirm or deny.

18.2 is very similar to 18.1/18.6 (same project code), just different definition files.
    When it comes to VW applications there are limitations, typically whatever is on our supported vehicle list for them is all that we support at the current moment hence the reason I was asking what specific vehicle

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    In speaking with our VW/Audi engineer we do not support Simos 18.2 ecm's, sorry.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    In speaking with our VW/Audi engineer we do not support Simos 18.2 ecm's, sorry.
    Why did you delete my post?

Anyways... here's 2 HPT files that are Simos 18.2. Are you saying they are not supported? Or is there just a misunderstanding what is simos 18.2? I notice VCM editor has them mislabeled as simos18.1/6. But really 18.1/2/6 are basically the same and the same "SC8" project code.
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Why did you delete my post?

Anyways... here's 2 HPT files that are Simos 18.2. Are you saying they are not supported? Or is there just a misunderstanding what is simos 18.2? I notice VCM editor has them mislabeled as simos18.1/6. But really 18.1/2/6 are basically the same and the same "SC8" project code.
    If they are labeled as simos18.1/6 then that is what they are, we do not support simos 18.2 and I don't want your posts confusing people.