Thread: GoPro Hero10 GPS data Issues after latest update

Question GoPro Hero10 GPS data Issues after latest update

I've been using Racerender with my GoPro10 GPS for almost a year and getting some great results, however recently the GPS file seems not to be importing correctly (not sure if this tied to the latest GoPro update 01.46 - maybe something has changed?).

When playing back the video and using a track map for example the dot pauses and then runs, pauses and then runs. It can also be seen in the Speed graph:

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 18.17.10.png

I exported the data from racerender to look at the timestamps and it seems to be missing 0.5sec of the samples but then runs ok for the next 0.5 sec

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 18.12.40.png

Wondered if anyone else having concerns recently with GoPro10 or any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Update: Potentially the frequency has changed to 10Hz in latest GoPro update as when i manually adjust to 0.1sec interval it seems to look OK. Not sure how Racerender can cope with this potential change?
    Last edited by SeriouslySideways; 08-24-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Tuner in Training
    How are you exporting the data?

Same way as normal I just load the GoPro videos into racerender and accept it when it asks to extract the data. It just seems it may now be at 10Hz and racerender expects 18Hz ?

Tuner in Training
    So are you looking at the .dat file or what? I'm not sure how to view it.

Understand I have 2 ways.
    1) if I loaded in multiple videos racerender generates a merged .csv file
    2) for a single file it only makes the .dat in this case I right click on the data file in Racerender itself (top right) and export to .csv

Tuner in Training
    Well my 1.40 version still does 18hz. That looks like an issue on the go pro team. I'd contact them, but thanks for posting. Now I know not to update.

Thanks for checking. Good idea to stay away from 01.46. If GoPro respond I?ll post back here

Potential Tuner
    the 1.42 version is ok for my GoPro Hero 10, but 1.46 is not ok. I've read a article said that they drop GPS frequency from 18Hz down to 10Hz for power consumption handle. Right now it seems that leave the device on 1.42 version is the best way.