Thread: Need help with emissions CA

Potential Tuner

Need help with emissions CA

Hello all, New to HPtuners, I know enough to be dangerous, pretty much a youtube graduate, I have a 2000 Camaro Z28 5.7L and My "readiness" test all pass except "Catalyst." I did a cam swap last year to a slightly larger cam. I had it tuned by a local shop. I'm thinking the extra fuel being dumped in at idle is too much for the stock O2 parameters and so I get an "incomplete" on the readiness test. My thoughts are I can retard the timing at idle and get the cats a little hotter, or lean out idle and see if I can get a "completed readiness test. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I know there are all kinds of tweaks I can make, including injection angle, Cat protection parameters, and others that are too advanced for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Ruben

Advanced Tuner
    If you want to pass CA smog inspection you will need to present your vehicle for inspection in completely OE form, with all OE parts and emissions controls in place and functioning, and the OE calibration. You may have to drive for several hundred miles for all readiness monitors to set as the self diagnostics can take some time.

The only exception is if your parts and calibration has been issued an EO number by California Air Resource Board (CARB), and you have an EO sticker attached under the hood for the inspection official to see.

try disabling the TCC for smog, this lets the engine rev up higher as its doing the speed testing

or buy a second camaro same color and driveline, and swap your vin, lic. place and registration between the two cars.

another idea i had was to just forget the smog test , and just pay the dmv registration and insurance , keep it in the glove box , and buy a cheap moped to use for the Lic plate tag for the cars' plate.. : )