Thread: Rebiult 6L80e converter unlock and lock 5th and 6th

Advanced Tuner

Rebiult 6L80e converter unlock and lock 5th and 6th

Cammed L86 just had the trans rebuilt with stock stall. With the same tune as before, now while cruizing down the highway. If I just barely back off the throttle the converter unlocks and my Rpm's go up a few hundered until I give it more gas and it desides to lock up again. I have lock up disabled in 1-4.

I tried lowering the release RPM by 3 mph but that didn't do anything. It didn't have this problem before I had the trans rebuilt.

Tuner
    Do a trans adapt quick relearn. Also check your lockup tables for your 5-6 gears.. Maybe they got changed ... Look at your TPS min value for lockup and unlock
    I set mine to 1%... So , if you go OFF the throttle it will unlock as it is supposed to. You don't want to cruise around locked up at ZERO throttle

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks I'll do the trans adapt quick relearn.

My TPS is set to 0% and was the same before the rebiuld. They set the tune back to stock and I hated the way it drove. So I put my TCM tune back in it.

The TCC release in 6th at 30% throttle is 53 mph I think. If I just barely lift my foot off the throttle in 6th at 75 mph it unlocks the converter. I would thing it wouldn't comand the unlock until 0% throttle input or at 30% throttle the speed decreased to 52 mph.

Right????

Advanced Tuner
    The Preset and Reset didn't work. It still unlock as soon as I back off the throttle the smallest percentage.

Tuner
    like to know on this as well. My car does the same thing , like it hunts for the converter unless i give it more throttle

Advanced Tuner
    I'm afraid it might be something in the converter But bumping it back to the top for some help.

Senior Tuner
    Have you double checked fluid level. I think its a good idea to recheck fluid after a few days of driving.. They almost always work out a big air pocket or something.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Just check it and it way over the full mark. Probably 3/4" over the hot mark.