Thread: ZF8HP Pressure Control Solenoid (PCS) and (TCC) tables

Tuner

ZF8HP Pressure Control Solenoid (PCS) and (TCC) tables

How do these tables work as far as adjusting them?
    The PCS 30268 table under Pressure Control Solenoid Characteristic you can change the Milliamps for a set BAR Pressure.
    So is the TCM commanding a MA?
    Lets say at WOT in Track Mode it commands or at least I log the MA is at 170ma and looking at the table thats about 18bar, If I raise the table by 15ma that looks like 170ma will now be at 21.1 bar of pressure.
    So raising the complete table by 15ma should increase pressure everywhere Correct and give a firmer shift or am I looking at this wrong.
    I read somewhere that lowering the table would increase shift firmness, I'm confused how this works.
    Can someone help me out to understand this Please!

Then the TCC 30269 table looks opposant like lowering this table would increase pressure in Bar to TCC, is that correct?
    HPT PCS TCC 2.png
    Last edited by LBSBLOWN; 08-30-2022 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Adding Pic of tables and Deleted wrong pic
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.

Tuner
    Hello! anybody experts in here can help a guy out?
    I'm not sure I understand these Tables correctly.
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.

Leave them alone X1000

That table is for characterizing the valve body solenoid's unique pressure profile.
    Unless you're trying to retrofit entirely different make/model/size solenoids onto the stock valve body for some dumb reason, dont touch it.

Tuner
    My Trackhawk has been tuned PCM & TCM by someone else and the PCS table has been changed (lowered) and I think that may be the wrong way because I feel something odd going on at light throttle in 7th but mostly in 8th gear, I think it's the Torque converter and it may be slipping.

Tuner
    Do you still have issues?

There are multiple ways to fix your issue...