Thread: Hellcat Crate Engine Controller TMAP Sensor PID's

Potential Tuner

Hellcat Crate Engine Controller TMAP Sensor PID's

I'm trying to diagnose a P2227 and P3032 code that are setting on a brand new Hellcrate install. The codes are basically rationality checks between the BARO sensor in the PCM and the 4 TMAP sensors on the engine. It looks for one being out of line by a certain amount and trips a fault.

When I fire up the PCM on the bench OR on the car with the gray engine harness connector unplugged my BARO reading stays at 14.4psi, which is correct for my altitude. However, I've found that when the gray connector is plugged in and the codes are cleared out BARO will initially read 14.4psi, but then jumps to 16.2psi as the code sets.

I need to know what PID's correlate with what TMAP sensors. I mapped the temp sensors already by unplugging them one at a time, and they are kind of all over the place as far as VCM Scanner naming goes.

IAT - IAT B1S1
    SC IN - IAT B1S2
    SC OUT - IAT B1S3
    ACT Bank 1 - Charge Air Cooler B1S2
    ACT Bank 2 - Air Charge Temp

I tried doing the same thing with the pressure sensors and I'm not getting any conclusive results from any of the pressure PID's; I suspect that once a circuit fault sets for them the signals stop updating instead of going to one end of their range.

Does anybody have a list of what PID's each of the pressure sensors uses? I'm at a standstill since the car goes into limp mode as soon as they set, and it could be the PCM, one of these sensors, or wiring. I suspect the PCM is indeed ok since it reads correct when isolated on the bench or with the engine harness unplugged.

Also, is there a way to rename the channels so that they are more intuitive? Like the temp sensor mapping above, it's confusing looking at the PID names being all over the place and associating them with the actual sensors on the car.

Potential Tuner
    Hey I was wondering if you ever came to a solution? I am currently having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah, Mopar in their infinite wisdom sells a control kit for pre 2018 engines and only sell current production crate engines. The new engines have 3 bar TMAP sensors, and the crate engine PCM is still set up for 2 bar sensors. Since all 4 are reporting th same (but wrong) pressure at KOEO, it flags the issue as a BARO sensor problem since it's reading different (but correct). You can simply rescale the sensors in HP Tuners to match or swap then with older style sensors. It's deceiving since the connectors are not different between the two.

Potential Tuner
    Awesome thanks for the response! I bought the two bar 15 to 17 map sensors and fired up no problem! It had me totally deflated. I bought this engine privately from a wrecked 18 challenger. Why they couldn't change the connector to a different style is beyond me🤦