Thread: 6R80 Roll Race Tune

Advanced Tuner

6R80 Roll Race Tune

I'm trying to get my trans to shift automatically before it hits the rev limiter when in manual mode. Too many times I've bounced it forgetting to shift using the paddles. I've heard several tuners are able to do this.

Looking at the trans tune it appears that ECM 6509 should make it shift at a Mph I set. It does not work on my trans.
    What am I missing, Thanks

[ECM] 6509 - Trans WOT Vehicle Speed in Select Shift: When select shift is active, the vehicle will shift at these vehicle speeds.

Not working, requested support to fix this some time ago. Probably missing APP table like 10r80 has...still waiting

Advanced Tuner
    Support sent my request to engineering. If anyone else wants this ability added please send a request to support. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Potential Tuner
    I'm no expert by any means. What i'm suspecting with my changes at the moment is that when anticipated shift is turned off the RPM and speed tables do not work and you have to use OSS if you have Anticipated Shift turned off ECM 45826, you may be able to use table ECM 37398 and change it to suit your start speed vs gear vs TPS.
    I'm 99.999999% certain that nothing in WOT Shift Map works with Ant Shifts turned off. Not exactly what you are after but instead of road speed you will ba able to use the output shaft speed. If you get the table set correctly you may not need to touch the paddles. Id be interested to see if you can get that to work.
    ECM37398.jpg

Edit: So was this solved and does the 6509 table work now?
    Last edited by Pricey; 10-02-2022 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Just realised how old this post was

Advanced Tuner
    I have not heard back from support. I'll send another email.

The sport shift OSS table gets turned off as soon as you use a paddle. In roll racing you want to be able to hold a gear until signaled to go. Only way to do that is to paddle to the gear you want.

This works like a charm...with 10r80. I'm still waiting for the solution, send this to support like a year ago.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    This works like a charm...with 10r80. I'm still waiting for the solution, send this to support like a year ago.
    Send another. I'm sure they will prioritize you since you are a shop and I have only purchased 2 credits. I only tune my car.

Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Send another. I'm sure they will prioritize you since you are a shop and I have only purchased 2 credits. I only tune my car.
    I'm also an authorized dealer in EU...add 3 zeros...but still even I cant get trough certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    I'm also an authorized dealer in EU...add 3 zeros...but still even I cant get trough certain things.
    I got you. Looking now.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

OK, so the table in the 10R80 does not exist in the 6R80 (the 10R code is 100% different, though some of it is similar).

I've found a switch that allows upshift in SST mode (disabled by default), and also a scalar that all controls minimum pedal position for upshift (which is also maxed out preventing upshift). Adding them both now to 6R80 Mustang
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Latest beta:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you Eric. Will test this today.

Advanced Tuner
    Tested and works.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    OK, so the table in the 10R80 does not exist in the 6R80 (the 10R code is 100% different, though some of it is similar).

I've found a switch that allows upshift in SST mode (disabled by default), and also a scalar that all controls minimum pedal position for upshift (which is also maxed out preventing upshift). Adding them both now to 6R80 Mustang
    Eric my man

thx

awesome. Thanks Eric

Latest beta:
    Can you add these to the 6r140s on the diesel side?

Potential Tuner
    Can this be added to 15-17 f150 as well please Eric

Tuner in Training
    Latest beta:
    any luck adding this to the 6R140 (7.3L)?