Thread: 2021 Y62 Nissan Patrol VK56 supercharger

Tuner

2021 Y62 Nissan Patrol VK56 supercharger

Hey Guys, I've got a customer coming to my shop soon to get a supercharger fitted to his VK56 patrol, I've never tuned a VK56 before, so I have a few questions about the Nissan tune

Can the stock nissan tune be made maffless or do I need to retain the maf?
    Is there a tuning procedure or process to follow? what tables do I need to modify apart from spark and fueling?
    Which spark table is the main spark table? what total timing should I be aiming for with around 5 psi?
    Is there a VE map to tune apart from the maf or is the maf the primary source of fueling?
    It will be only running 5 psi from the top mount charger and have full exhaust system including headers.

I have plenty of experience tuning LS supercharged stuff, I'am just not familiar with nissan PCM.

Thank you for any help

Tuner in Training
    Definitely needs to retain the MAF.
    In my experience and from my understanding they seem to behave best when tuned as follows. Calibrate the MAF as you normally would, but keep in mind the MAF only flows around 550g/s and also determines the load percentage for the rest of the tables.
    Make sure fuel trims are turned off.
    Open loop target lambda does what it's name suggests.
    Fuel compensation tables do as the name suggests and also work to achieve your target fuel map, especially where it runs out of MAF
    Timing is done with the trimming tables, but keep in mid the numbers don't correspond to actual timing.
    Its also important to modify the estimated torque tables accordingly for transmission longevity

Also, being a 2021, depending on build date u may be running a version of the firmware that is largely unsupported by HP tuners and may not have all the required tables available and also won't have as many available channels in the scanner to work with.

All of this is just my findings from tweaking with my car for the last 4 years or so and could be completely wrong but it has worked well for me.

Hope this helps 😎

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    the newer platforms timing is a little different make sure looking at all factors/adders
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner

Which spark table do I modify for the main spark? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    the newer platforms timing is a little different make sure looking at all factors/adders

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post file
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161