Thread: 2006 Magnum SRT Rear Axle Swap - ISSUE

Potential Tuner

2006 Magnum SRT Rear Axle Swap - ISSUE

Afternoon all,
    I am hoping someone out there can lend some guidance and assistance in solving a problem we did not see coming after doing a rear end swap. The short version is we changed out the 3.06 rear axle in the car to a 3.90 rear axle. After trying to write the new ratio to the trans in HP Tuners the car went into limp mode. It will not allow the adaptives to be reset either.

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT
    Vortech V3
    Stock Trans
    3.90 Rear Axle

***As an experiment we change the gear ratio values in the trans to corelate to what they would be with a 3.90 rear axle and that takes the car out of limp mode and it works.....that is however not the right solution so we are back to square one.

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDak View Post
    Afternoon all,
    ***As an experiment we change the gear ratio values in the trans to corelate to what they would be with a 3.90 rear axle and that takes the car out of limp mode and it works.....that is however not the right solution so we are back to square one.
    That is an interesting solution to the problem and I suppose it could work. Were there any noticeable pitfalls with that approach that you noticed?

My understanding is that the gear ratio function in scanner does not take. I have heard many utilize a Diablo handheld tuner to adjust the gear ratio. I will be attempting this method on mine tonight.
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 / 76mm turbo / E85 / Dings VB (Stock longblock)
    10.1@132

Potential Tuner
    im having the same problem, did you get it fixed?

Potential Tuner
    Unfortunately no, still working through the issue