Thread: is this e38 converted to a 2 bar OS ??

Tuner in Training

is this e38 converted to a 2 bar OS ??

This is a friend of mines 2014 Camaro SS. He bought it used from auction with no history. Took it to a local dyno to see what it makes and it made 520 hp which he thought is low being that it is a huron twin turbo setup. He brought it to me after to check it out and see why its down on power. In the as found tune file I don't see any OS options like it has already been converted to a 2 bar OS but the tune doesn't have the additional tables so I am confused. Looks like the stock SS map sensor is in the vehicle and the tune is setup for MAF only. One other thing I noticed is when logging the PID for Manifold absolute pressure does not work. Can anyone make sense of this ?JG as found file.hpt

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No it has no custom operating system options. Virtual VE is the way.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! Any clue why the Manifold absolute pressure PID doesn't work in the scanner??

Tuner in Training
    Looks like tune was scaled for larger injectors but the AFR term was not halved

Not sure why it was scaled either, the computer can handle 127lb/hr injectors and his are probably only around 110-120lbs/hr.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016SSlt1 View Post
    This is a friend of mines 2014 Camaro SS. He bought it used from auction with no history. Took it to a local dyno to see what it makes and it made 520 hp which he thought is low being that it is a huron twin turbo setup. He brought it to me after to check it out and see why its down on power. In the as found tune file I don't see any OS options like it has already been converted to a 2 bar OS but the tune doesn't have the additional tables so I am confused. Looks like the stock SS map sensor is in the vehicle and the tune is setup for MAF only. One other thing I noticed is when logging the PID for Manifold absolute pressure does not work. Can anyone make sense of this ?JG as found file.hpt
    I'm sure you've tried repolling while connected/not scanning?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    No it has no custom operating system options. Virtual VE is the way.
    What's the reason for exempting certain E38s from the 2 bar option? Some may be interested in the fan control table axis adjustment more than anything...

Tuner in Training
    If it is not halved then the values are maxed above 127 lb/hr from the 628 cell up.

Also I have tried repolling with no luck. I ended up adding the channel Intake manifold absolute pressure and it worked. Either way my map sensor is maxed out at roughly 3 psi. Im not sure why the sensor wasnt upgraded to an ls9 map sensor but im assuming since it is MAF only tune they didn't touch the VVE so this sensor input wasn't as critical??

Senior Tuner
    If it is not halved then the values are maxed above 127 lb/hr from the 628 cell up.

Also I have tried repolling with no luck. I ended up adding the channel Intake manifold absolute pressure and it worked. Either way my map sensor is maxed out at roughly 3 psi. Im not sure why the sensor wasnt upgraded to an ls9 map sensor but im assuming since it is MAF only tune they didn't touch the VVE so this sensor input wasn't as critical??
    Its not the best way to do things but the way most aftermarket supercharger kits work out of the box. I would put a LSA map sensor in it and get VVE dialed in. It will take care of a lot of driveablity issues.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Homework assignment: Tell me what MAP and fuel pressure would have to be to get a delta of 628kPa, and for bonus points, describe the type of engine running condition it would take to produce those numbers.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Homework assignment: Tell me what MAP and fuel pressure would have to be to get a delta of 628kPa, and for bonus points, describe the type of engine running condition it would take to produce those numbers.
    I see where your going with this. 628 kpa is about 90 psi So it will never feasibly be in those cells. I'm gonna dig into this car a little and see if I can find exactly what injectors are in it. Get the correct data for them, get an LSA map sensor, and start over with it. Thanks for the help guys