Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-2 super hard downshift on old and new built 4l60e tryed everything please help

Tuner in Training

3-2 super hard downshift on old and new built 4l60e tryed everything please help

hi first thing first.im new to tuning.i have a 03 silveraldo supercharged cammed with a performabuilt 4l60e black edtion with 2800 stall 10inch fti triple disk converter.my problem that im having that seems like no one else is having is that my tuner must have seen wile he was doing my e85 tuning on old transmission.is that my 3-2 down shift damn near chirps tires it shifts so hard. i got hp tuners and seen in my part throttle under shift scheduling he has it were my 3-2 and my 2-1 are both at 10 in the down shift so its skipping 2 gear down shift all togather.iv tryed to put it right and it shifts to hard i cant find anything anywere else that would cause this. when its set like my tuner has it i can manually down shift with shifter and its fine.but if i put it the way its suppose to be then even when i try to downshift manually it will be so hard its scary.im all out of ideas.any help would be great.im wondering if i should buy a transmission controller but id rather not at this time...thanksve tabel mutiply .85.hpt
    Last edited by Shawnbonay; 09-04-2022 at 02:52 PM.

Tune???

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

I can tell ya… put some tq management back in and will fix that most likely.. a spark cut will kill off the tq on that and smooth it out

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner in Training
    il give that a shot thanks.my transmission builder said somthing about kickdown tabel but i cant find nothing like this in hp tuners . becuse my forced motor line press jumps 56 right at 3 2 shift and thats at 0 throttle it dosnt do this on any other downshifts

Tuner in Training
    it didnt help im trying to fig out what tabels i mess with being it happens at 0 throttle

Tuner in Training
    if u to email tunes do u think u could fix this for ever how mutch.

Send me an email, fix this no problem

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner in Training
    0k il send it well il try iv never done this b4 but im sure i can fig out thanks

Tuner in Training
    i sent you my current tune i put tq managment back in it as well i sent it to your email.so if u can take a look at it id really appreciate it

Tuner in Training
    well today i put a gauge on it and in park at first it was around 140psi.then after i put it in drive it was around same maby 150.after that idle in park was 60psi all gears it came up to 150 to 240 when giving it some throttle . it stays at 60 when coasting but at the 3-2 shift when coasting to a stop it would jump to 150psi. only at the 3-2 shift and i cant find it no were on any forums are anything about how this could happen or how to go about fixing this im hoping someone will chime in that has ether had this problem or knows how to fix this. its driving me crazy trying to figure this out.

Senior Tuner
    I don't know anything about 4L60's.

The 3->2 pressure table has numbers in it. What happens when you take that table back to 0 like you've got them set for the other downshifts?

And...
    Does the scanner have line pressure or a pressure control solenoid to log? It should follow what your gauge is doing. If not following on the 3->2 that could point to a valve body issue. If it does, then definitely in the tune.
    Last edited by hjtrbo; 09-09-2022 at 05:42 PM.

Tuner in Training
    im not very good with transmissions i do know the force motor current line pressure jumps to around 56 it stays at like 13 on all other down shifts really the 3-2 is the only time it spikes at all on any coast shifts

Tuner in Training
    im starting to think maby a bad pcm last year mine bricked when tuner was doing my supercharger speed density tune. and he happen to have a junkyard one from a 3500 6.0 gmc van.the thing is he had scheduled the 2and gear downshift to be skipped and that was on my old transmission and i didnt notice it tell i got hp tuners and checked because i was always wondering y it would be in 3ard gear at low speeds. but i upgraded to the best performabuilt transmission has to offer on 4l60e.and dont have over 100 miles on this one.im thinking it has to be somthing in the tune or computer i jst cant fig it out

Senior Tuner
    Change the 3-2 table

Tuner in Training
    iv changed the 3-2 downshift part throttle shift schedule and it bangs so hard had to skip it tell i fig this out i dont know how to change the forced motor current well i do i just dont know which table is the 3-2 in the forced motor current

Senior Tuner
    Change the 3-2 pressue table

Tuner in Training
    i tryed the 3-2 downshift pressure modifer thats normaly at 0s i put it at max neg numb and it did nothing it honestly feels like if some one jammed a man trans in 2 with no clutch at to high of speed

Senior Tuner
    Did Ben Charles get back to you? I take it from his reply that it seemed like he could see your issue quite clearly.

Senior Tuner
    Also, does it go away when a good known stock trans tune is loaded in. I would do that as its a good test to rule out the trans tune.

Tuner in Training
    ben didnt want to mess with it.and i put alot of things back to stock but no i havnt put all back to stock il try this later today if i can get a break frm my crazy baby.lol thanks for replying il get back to ya when i slap a stock tune on it