Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-2 super hard downshift on old and new built 4l60e tryed everything please help

Senior Tuner
    If it still does it on a stock tune then the issue is strongly pointing towards the valve body.

Tuner
    Are you having an issue with the Forced 3-2 or a coast-down? what is the pressure on a 3-2 coast-down?
    what is the pressures @ idle in
    P
    R
    N
    OD
    M3
    M2
    M1
    What are these pressures @ 1200-1500 RPM?
    Building Automatic Transmissions since 1978
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply."--Ernest Hemingway.

Black 2000 S10 Base 2.2L Flex Current LS10 swap project
    Red 2000 Blazer LT 4x4 3.73 SOLD
    Red 1998 S10 SS 4.3L Deceased 10/31/2014

Tuner in Training
    ok im going to try and rember all the different pressures .when i start it up in park its at 150psi untill i drop it in a gear after i do that its around 60 to 70 psi in park. reverse is like 180. in drive at idle like 130.what i think is messed up is when coming to stop say im in 4th and got brake on to come coast to a stop its at 60 psi in all gears untill the 3-2 then it will jump to 150psi real fast clunk in gear hard and be fine tell the next 3-2 downshift or coast shift.the forced motor current spikes as well in the 3-2 shift its normally at 12 or 15 but it goes to 56 what ever this means.

Tuner in Training
    if u look at this or play it u can see any time frm the 3-2 the force motor current and somthing else spikes for a hair of a sec i no theres one around the 2:10ish sec mark but theres a few
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    update i left the 3-2 shift in on way to work and put in netr b4 problem shift and it dont jump to 150 psi if i hold rpm 2000 or more i wonder if my coast pres of 60psi is to low

Tuner in Training
    one more thing i should mention when my tuner bricked my original pcm.dont know if it was jst on its way out are what.but he had one p59 with him frm a gmc 3500 van.every since then my ac dont work ether it wont turn clutch on.i can manually turn clutch on threw special func on here but nothin by the controls.dought it has anything to do with this but im putting it out here.jst in case it will help.thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Probably should have started with that. 3500's used a 4l80e.

Tuner in Training
    i think im the only one with this problem no one can help i will pay if anybody knows how to fix my issu

Tuner in Training
    yea but my tuner said that he took everthing frm my old pcm and flashed on my new one .i asked him if it would be a prob and he said its the same one as my old one p59

Advanced Tuner
    Why did the replacement PCM not get flashed with OEM tools like SPS/Techline to your original Silverado calibration? There are plenty of things in the file HPT does not expose that could be causing the issue.

Tuner in Training
    i dont know y im jst letting everone know what i know which aint much lol.but is anything else i should do should i buy original pcm? cuz im confused.on what i should do

Search YouTube for programming ecm with acdelco tds.
    Do what eXo3901 said. Reprogram the ecm you have with the calibration for your vehicles VIN.

Tuner in Training
    ok i will thanks 4 the advise

Tuner in Training
    so im thinking it would be cheaper to by one that takes my vin and programs stock tune for my year. then i can put my speed den 3bar tune back on it . does anyone agree?

The only reason I see that you would need to buy another one would be if the one you have now isn't compatible with the OS/calibration that is factory for your VIN. I wouldn't know that info. If it is, just reprogram it. Then put your tune back on it. That would save you the money of buying another one.
    It may be easier/cheaper for you to buy another one if you're getting it from someone that has the tools and ability to program it for you.
    You would need a j2534 pass-thru device and a $40 subscription to ACDelco TDS to do it yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok i mean everything works great accept that 3-2 shift and ac clutch but thats all

Tuner in Training
    yea im going to buy a new one for 185 and they program my vin to have to buy new credits but its cheapest way

Senior Tuner
    If you've put everything trans related back to stock and it still does it than yeah I think it is a corrupted file or a bad PCM. You can try SPSing your computer and rebuilding the tune table by table or SPS a new PCM and do the same. I wouldn't flash the same file that your having problems back in.

We've been doing this for a really long time.. At one time we had 1 laptop that for whatever reason would corrupt files. You can read and flash the stock file back into a car and have all sorts of weird issues. Repeat test with a different laptop and it wouldn't happen.

I've also seen PCM's fail in weird ways. Like IAT going to -40 only at wide open.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    hey alvin when my tuner set it up i was on a diff transmission. so i bought hp tuners and pulled his last tune since he has my stock tune on his computer.but anyways i started looking at things and i noticed that under part throttle shift he had my 3-2 matching my 2-1 so it would skip 2and compl .then i put it back right and thats when it did it .so if it was on my pulled file frm my old trans im thinking it was doing it then. and he skipped it so that tells me it aint trans but a tune issue. or pcm. im brand new to this and got a brand new 6000 dollar transmission with converter and im lost. honestly my trans builder is trying to help. frm performabuilt but he dont use hp tuners so he is asking a buddy. and im waiting around trying everthing. but thanks for info i need all i can get or pay someone that can fix it.

Tuner in Training
    my tuner says it has my os in it or it wouldnt work at all .so im confused i guess i need to start educating my self on this somemore.