Thread: 19 C7 Z06 A8 Cam'd and Procharger-what MAP sensor config?

Advanced Tuner

19 C7 Z06 A8 Cam'd and Procharger-what MAP sensor config?

On a 19 C7 Z06 LT4 that is cam'd and Procharged what map sensor config are you running? The factory SC-SCIAP-TIAP or NA-MAP?

If N/A map then why do we need the TMAP anymore?

TIA!
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    This an interesting question. I'd suggest not changing the sensor configuration because if you do, it can end up remapping which sensor goes to which input. For example, on NA/MAP vehicles, the BARO sensor in the MAF assembly is wired to the same input the SCIAP is. Since your vehicle is wired for the SC-SCIAP-TIAP sensor configuration, if you did change it to NA/MAP, you'd need to repin the ECU to match that of a C7/LT1.

Having said that, what do you do with the SCIAP now? The ECU uses the BARO and the SCIAP sensors to calculate the correct throttle blade angle.

Also, your current ECU flash is set up to deal with a factory ECU controlled supercharger, which no longer exists. The more I ponder this, the more I think you might be better off switching to a standard C7 / LT1 OE flash, and rewiring the sensors appropriately, as the Z06 OE flash has many constructs for compensating for the supercharger.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    This an interesting question. I'd suggest not changing the sensor configuration because if you do, it can end up remapping which sensor goes to which input. For example, on NA/MAP vehicles, the BARO sensor in the MAF assembly is wired to the same input the SCIAP is. Since your vehicle is wired for the SC-SCIAP-TIAP sensor configuration, if you did change it to NA/MAP, you'd need to repin the ECU to match that of a C7/LT1.

Having said that, what do you do with the SCIAP now? The ECU uses the BARO and the SCIAP sensors to calculate the correct throttle blade angle.

Also, your current ECU flash is set up to deal with a factory ECU controlled supercharger, which no longer exists. The more I ponder this, the more I think you might be better off switching to a standard C7 / LT1 OE flash, and rewiring the sensors appropriately, as the Z06 OE flash has many constructs for compensating for the supercharger.
    I have tried running it in OE mode but it would go into rep because it was looking for the bypass valve feedback even with the codes disabled. What I didn't do was tell the car it no longer had a supercharger ( ECM 215)
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    newer PCMs dont like running on SD alone, but setting up basic drivability and then blend both airflow models
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vortech View Post
    I have tried running it in OE mode but it would go into rep because it was looking for the bypass valve feedback even with the codes disabled. What I didn't do was tell the car it no longer had a supercharger ( ECM 215)
    That would probably fix it the REP issue. As I recall, the bypass valve diagnostics are in the boost control routines, and if you set it to None, it won't run them.

Advanced Tuner
    So by turning the Supercharger tab to none it runs in all airflow modes. However in NA-TIAP and the factory SC-SCIAP-TIAP modes it keeps throwing the codes P10BC and P2635. the dash does goes into reduced performance but it still has full throttle control.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Quote Originally Posted by vortech View Post
    So by turning the Supercharger tab to none it runs in all airflow modes. However in NA-TIAP and the factory SC-SCIAP-TIAP modes it keeps throwing the codes P10BC and P2635. the dash does goes into reduced performance but it still has full throttle control.
    Have you find a solution to this yet ?
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Best N/A E.T. : 8.836
    Best N/A Mp/h : 159.75
    DA for this pass: 0'