Thread: Mpvi2+ and computer

Potential Tuner

Mpvi2+ and computer

I just recieved my MPVi2+. I understand the credits I purchased will be tied to my vehicles vin and to the mpvi2+ itself. What I can't seem to confirm is whether or not the credits are also tied to the laptop computer that is used. I have an old windows 7 laptop. I was thinking of borrowing my son's newer win 10 laptop until I can get a new one. However, I don't want take the chance of locking the credits to his laptop. I would believe people upgrade laptops all the time. Do they end up having to buy more credits even though they have the same tuner and vehicle?

Thanks for any help.

Credits are associted with your account and 'interface' (mpvi2) and your account can be accessed via the website from any device. Changing computers is a non issue*.
    Also when it comes time to buy a computer consider buying a cheap convertable tablet/notebook. Its handy being able to have a tablet formfactor over a keyboard notebook.

* I think changing computers may be a pain if you are using the new remote deployment feature. But thats mostly for the big boy speed shops.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you Moparish. That explains it. I like the idea of the cheap convertable tablet/notebook idea. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I'm going to buy a used laptop and MPVI2+ with 12 credits if I can find out how to transfer everything to me. any ideas?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2 ways.

Original owner removes the device from their customer portal and you register the device on your customer portal
    or
    You contact support, we remove the device from their customer portal and you register the device on your customer portal

Easier if the original owner does it but we can do it as well.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, Bill is the MPVI2+ still usable with updates or will I need to get a MPVI3?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Still usable.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Still usable.
    Thanks