Thread: MAP Sensor

Tuner in Training

MAP Sensor

Guys when i swapped the intake to the TBSS on my motor it came with the MAP sensor PN12594942 what are the specs on this sensor i believe it was a 2007+ sensor. I had to change the plug on my harness to get it to work. With that said i found where it is MAP characteristics what values should i put in here? I found a mention of the settings should be Linear 128.20 and Offset -0.30. Is this correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images

It should be those because that's a 2009+ MAP sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rwilson2510 View Post
    settings should be Linear 128.20 and Offset -0.30. Is this correct?

This is correct
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Go to parts site. Do a reverse search to find which vehicles used that sensor. Go to tune repository, find sample file for one of those vehicles, open file, find the correct linear/offset.

Tuner in Training
    Ohh ok that makes sense. I did a test to see if the MAP sensor was working correctly and found the sensor was reading (28.9 inHg) (97.8 kpa) when the engine was off but key on. Shouldn't it be reading zero or a low voltage? I am asking because my harness didnt come with this sensor. My harness is a 2000 sliverado. What i am trying to figure out is when i replaced the plug to adapt this 2009+ sensor to my harness if i wired it correctly.

Roughly 100kpa with key on engine off at sea level is correct.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson2510 View Post
    Ohh ok that makes sense. I did a test to see if the MAP sensor was working correctly and found the sensor was reading (28.9 inHg) (97.8 kpa) when the engine was off but key on. Shouldn't it be reading zero or a low voltage? I am asking because my harness didnt come with this sensor. My harness is a 2000 sliverado. What i am trying to figure out is when i replaced the plug to adapt this 2009+ sensor to my harness if i wired it correctly.
    Depending where you live that value is probably right.