Thread: ignition chop on WOT launch

ignition chop on WOT launch

01 tahoe with 416ci stroker, big cam, LTH, 102mm tb on gen 4 6.2L truck intake.
    this thing should smoke the tires, but all it does is stumble. ignition is being cut by what i don't know. i think i'm logging all that could cause a cut but maybe not. o2s don't show lean (sorry no wb on the truck). this is only the low end. get it passed 3000 and it really flies. help finding and disabling this ignition cut please.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wrong injector data, to start with. Only your Flow Rate vs KPA has been changed, all the rest is still stock 2001 5.3L.

screenshot.07-09-2022 14.43.07.png

Senior Tuner
    Getting the rest of the injector data will definitely help the rest of the tune but it shouldn't cause anything like this.

The fueling looks OK by stock O2's and the timing is reasonable. Have you put a fuel pressure gauge on it and tried it? Maybe its a fuel slosh issue.

The converter feel right? I had a bad sprag in one that made launches really lazy but otherwise seemed ok.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Probably torque management. My 350 did it after I added tri-y headers which caused it to hit the engine torque output limit. Then my 383 hit other limits and did it as well.

injector data important for low open times, this is big open time and just flow can easily work.

i'm certain issue here is the timing. engine rpm tracks it right on, spark down, rpm down. fuel comes down a bit, but only because rpm does, o2 readings stay in the rich zone.

see or know anything that might be able to pull so much timing?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    injector data important for low open times, this is big open time and just flow can easily work.

i'm certain issue here is the timing. engine rpm tracks it right on, spark down, rpm down. fuel comes down a bit, but only because rpm does, o2 readings stay in the rich zone.

see or know anything that might be able to pull so much timing?
    Torque management, see my post above. Torque management can even kill injectors to limit torque.

Yeah, it'll be fine. What was I thinking.

Senior Tuner
    try this.

416ci tagoe.2.hpt
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

fast4.7, did you forget to paste a link??

alvin's file did it. i didn't test specifically, but nearly certain it was the max torque vs rpm table being stock. it's weird that one is used and the per gear is maxed out.
    so this brings a new problem, it is a bit lean now that there's no ign cut. where's accel enrich?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    alvin's file did it. i didn't test specifically, but nearly certain it was the max torque vs rpm table being stock. it's weird that one is used and the per gear is maxed out.
    so this brings a new problem, it is a bit lean now that there's no ign cut. where's accel enrich?
    Max torque vs. Rpm only applies to the tcc. Read the descriptions at the bottom of the windows.
    [ECM] 12824 - Max Torque vs. RPM: Maximum allowed engine torque vs. RPM, whilst TCC locked.

You don't want this table maxed out with a stock style lockup. You'll slip the TCC.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)