Thread: 2010 2.9l L4 Colorado DTC DISABLE/ Case relearn.

Potential Tuner

2010 2.9l L4 Colorado DTC DISABLE/ Case relearn.

Hey all, I'm new to this site and the tuning world in general, but I have a challenge which should be relatively simple for most of you I just need someone to help walk me through it.

So the vehicle in question is a 2010 2.9L Colorado Automatic transmission with 80 xxx kms on it. I have just done the timing chain/tensioner as well as the crank and cam position sensors, and the vvt solenoid. It ran before starting the work, but very poorly due to a failed chain tensioner. Code P0017 (Camshaft Position Correlation, bank b) was present before and after job and is not eraseable.

Upon completing the install and reassembly, it now refuses to stay running at all. I have checked over as much as possible within my skill range and everything I have checked has passed the test. (Voltage, ground and signal checks on sensors, wiring continuity/ resistance, vvt solenoid actuation, etc).

After many hours of research I have learned that this is a common issue in these trucks with a wide range of solutions, varying per situation. From what I gather, very often a CASE relearn procedure resolves the issue. Seeing how a good tuner offers the ability to disable codes as well as gather plenty of valuable information, and initiate relearn procedures, this is the direction I'm leaning in, especially considering both dealers near me state they aren't sure if the can do a case relearn and are not familiar with the procedure

I have absolutely zero experience with tuners, although I know my way around an engine and my understanding/comfort with electrical is adequate.

Hoping someone can chime in with some insight! I need to get that truck back on the road.

Thanks in advance

-Zach

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure you'll find much help in the RaceRender forum with tuning since this is focused on the software that overlays data onto videos.

Maybe you'll have better luck here? https://forum.hptuners.com/forumdisp...-Miscellaneous