Thread: Transmission Pressures

Potential Tuner

Transmission Pressures

Settling a discussion with a friend here.

8 Speed transmission in a hellcat

Bumping up general line pressure and not bumping up oncoming clutch pressures. Any gain?

Typically, I bump up oncoming clutch pressures and sometimes along with bumping up oncoming clutch I will bump up the desired line pressure a smidge.

I feel I have a really good grasp on these transmissions, and I always have really positive feedback with my transmissions but just to show with other people's thoughts

I'm also really cautious with the TQM with these things. Does anyone live dangerously with good luck? Or is everyone cautious?

Also has anyone had a pump fail bumping line pressure to high?

Tuner
    Hello jonx96,

Shift pressure is a quite dice part of the tuning. In case it is not done correctly, I can seriously damage the shifting elements (ZF transmission has 5 of those).
    In case you overdue it, it can be to harsh and damage it. In case of too smooth, you can burn it (friction).
    Plus, if not done correctly, over time, transmission will self-relearn and everything you did will be lost.

In case you need personalized tuning support, let me know (I have more than 12y of experience tuning 8HP transmission)

Email: [email protected]

Thanks.
    Dodge Boy

Potential Tuner
    I believe I added 15 psi all over and it really seemed to firm the shifts up.

Tuner
    15 psi in which parameters?