Thread: 08 Dodge Avenger Immo issues

Potential Tuner

08 Dodge Avenger Immo issues

Have a customer that was wondering if I can remove the security on their Avenger as they're running into issue after issue with security but then on top of that even after successful key programming the alarm is going off randomly at night with nothing being bothered. The battery is good on the vehicle, it hasn't ran in two weeks but the thing goes off randomly.

We cut, successfully programmed a key and it still had a ELV code afterwards. The owner just wants to flip the vehicle.

I'm not Looking to do anything illegal just want to do what the rightful owner is asking of it. IF this isn't allowed in the forums I understand. Also if not allowed but anyone knows anything that I could learn on this please by all means PM me as would like to get this resolved for them

Advanced Tuner
    Probably has an electrical draw, causing it to wake up, or it thinks the doors are being opened. You could always disconnect the horn. Probably be best to diagnose the root cause, instead of attempting to disable the security. Also, most vehicle security systems are not in the ecm, but the BCM or the instrument cluster.