Thread: Replacement MPVI Interface / Credits questions

Replacement MPVI Interface / Credits questions

Is is possible to get a replacement MPVI interface? We are having issues with ours randomly disconnecting/not connecting and the problem is getting worse. We have tried a new USB cable with hopes of it rectifying the problem, but it has not. I have tried emailing customer service but have not received a reply.

On a semi-related subject what is the wait time on receiving new credits. I ordered some last Thursday and still have not seen a new code.

Thanks for your help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Is is possible to get a replacement MPVI interface? We are having issues with ours randomly disconnecting/not connecting and the problem is getting worse. We have tried a new USB cable with hopes of it rectifying the problem, but it has not. I have tried emailing customer service but have not received a reply.
    have you tried a different computer/usb port by any chance? I would say start there, report back...if your still having issues I'll make sure they let you know the process of getting your interface checked out and/or replaced.

On a semi-related subject what is the wait time on receiving new credits. I ordered some last Thursday and still have not seen a new code.
    as far as I know they've all been processed...go to your customer login page to see if your "Total Credits" is correct & updated...if so you can just click the

Click here to receive your latest application key via email

link for an instantaneous reply with your application key.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I have tried all 3 USB ports, but I will try our laptop and report back the results. Thank you for your quick response.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    not a problem man...i have some connection issues with one of my usb ports now, but the other is fine...hopefully that turns out to be your issue in the end.

The application key sent through the link is the same one I already had. I should have 6 additional credits that were paid for on the 19th.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    might wanna contact sales at hptuners dot com with your purchase info...keith should get you up and running pretty quickly, not sure why you didn't get them yet

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    might wanna contact sales at hptuners dot com with your purchase info...keith should get you up and running pretty quickly, not sure why you didn't get them yet
    I'll do that, thanks for the advice.

Regarding the interface, it seems to be working on my laptop but the issue remains with the desktop regardless of which USB port I use. Any advice?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like an issue with the desktop then

Tuner
    Make sure you have the latest USB drivers from Microsoft. Windows update. I would check that first.
    2004 Silverado RCSB W/T
    285hp 4.8 V8 5 speed 3.42's
    Flowmaster 40 series
    HPTuners MPVI Pro

2002 GMC RCSB Sierra SLE
    270hp 4.8 V8 4L60E 3.73's
    bone stock (for now) Girlfriends Truck, but I get to play with it too

Update...got the credits so we're good to go there.

We are only having the connection issue on the newer vehicles (C6s TBSS, etc) and only when the vehicles are running. We don't have a connection issue otherwise (writing PCM, begin scanning with engine off). Older style PCMs (f-body, C5) give me no problems with connection on the desktop or the laptop.

The laptop also has an older version of HP on it. Is this a possible software glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by shimp
    Make sure you have the latest USB drivers from Microsoft. Windows update. I would check that first.
    I just updated the computer last month with the latest updates.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    might wanna try contacting support if you havent already done so with a link to this thread within the body of your message.

I'll do that today.