Thread: 10r80 Short Shifting at WOT

Potential Tuner

10r80 Short Shifting at WOT

I have a whipple 10 speed car that makes around 900 wheel. Trans was built by Midnight performance. Tuned by Lund. I'm having an issue with the 4-5 shift always short shifting at 6800 rpms. I can see in the logs where it goes to 4th then instantly commands 5th. Every other gear will see 7800. Tuner said its commanded at 7800 but due to it slightly spinning on the 3-4 shift the OSS speed goes up and it anticipates the next shift early. It just kinda sucks that it shorts me 1000 rpm along with creating a bigger rpm drop into the next gear. I really can't even feel it spinning. I usually take off in 3rd and it slightly hazes the tire. Just curious if there's something on my end I can try or if it's tune related. I have the dyno plug pulled so shouldn't be much input from traction control.

Advanced Tuner
    Put a drag radial on it. That will tell you
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by STAGEUP View Post
    Put a drag radial on it. That will tell you
    It's on a 305 et street r, viking shocks, and have even added weight in the back a few times.

More than likely it?s in the tune. Especially if you?re seeing it command at a lower RPM.

Might even be a parameter that?s not defined yet.

Advanced Tuner
    I can fix