Thread: Can't write vehicle due to credits

Tuner

Can't write vehicle due to credits

I am working on my 2008 Pontiac G6 3.5L
    I've pulled the file from the car. Then did a save as """"
    Then did my changes
    I am trying to write my changes to the car.
    It comes up with a message : you do not have a license to perform the current action :
    And then gives me options to buy credits online...

I have 4 credits in my account... the original ones I bought with the software/hardware and have not used them yet..

Can someone tell me what's going on ????

thank You So Much

Tuner
    I did the "resynch" thing from the FAQ post... It did the update just fine...
    Then opened up my file and still getting the same message if I do the "write to vehicle" action

My account shows 4 credits... so I'm missing a step somewhere

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Thank You Bill !
    I did do a support ticket early this morning and received a response back that they would
    try to get back with me in a business day.
    I'll update when I hear back...
    AND of course if anyone has a solution /help in the meantime, I'd take that as well.
    Your request (64049) has been received

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ajs0fHyW8

Kinda sounds like you just need to use a couple of the credits to actually license the vehicle's modules.
    Last edited by crankz1; 09-13-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Tuner
    Thank you for the link !
    I watched it and another one...
    I must have an issue with my account or something.. When i go to WRITE the vehicle, it shows I have 1 credit (need 2 for this GM)
    BUT, my account online shows that I DO have 4 credits... So I'm not sure what's going on

Credits: 4 copied from "my account" online

May have to just wait on Support to get back to you.

You could try the following to see what's on the MPVI, credit wise.
    Launch Editor and connect your MPVI to your computer (don't need to be hooked up to a vehicle).
    Far right button in the Editor tool bar is the info (blue circle with an i) button.
    Click it and then click the info button in the next window that pops up.
    That'll read your MPVI and show what credits are on it and what, if anything, has been licensed.

Tuner
    OK, well apparently the the number of credits show under my account is the number total that have been purchased...
    NOT the number remaining to use... I guess the only way to find that info out is to go to the "WRITE" function and see what pops up

So, I had purchased 4 credits with my system... a while ago.. And when I had to "re-tune" my tune shops F-up, it took 3 credits for
    my gen 4 Yukon. 2 for the ECM and 1 for the FSCM - which maybe I didn't need ...
    So I went online and purchased 1 more credit... Then I did the synch function ... Then the WRITE function and I had success .. I was 1 credit short..

Thanks everyone for the help and input.. I have learned so much on this board
    Tom

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    VCM Suite infolog will show you how many credits your device has available and used.

I'm glad you were able to work this out on your own before we were able to reply!
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hi @Tfoggy, I'm glad I stumbled across your problem-solving post because this is the time I need advice. I reached out to support, but that procedure takes time. And since you gave me the solution, I will do that. Moreover, I have already seen similar positive reviews on this automotive news site https://zumroad.com/automotive. I advise you to read about it to keep up with the latest developments in the automotive market. And what I like most about your post is that you showed a step-by-step solution. I wish you good luck and have a good day.
    Last edited by DanielMeos; 10-05-2022 at 05:27 AM.