Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a LT4 log with SCIAP Vacuum and Pressure in the channel list.

Senior Tuner

Looking for a LT4 log with SCIAP Vacuum and Pressure in the channel list.

I wired a Positive displacement LT1 car for a SCIAP and the results do not look correct (stays at 97kPa)

I'm not sure if this is a error in the scanner or what.. A log of a LT4 car should let me know.

Please log Supercharger Inlet Pressure and Supercharger Inlet Vacuum. Don't even need to drive it.. just crank and rev a few times.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for the late reply, Alvin. Please see attached. Quick log of idle and into some boost.

2016 Suburban, L83, SCIAP pressure and voltage recorded in the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    That's so odd. My sensor voltage changes also... and it totally fixed the driveablity issue but the SCIAP pressure stays the same always.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Here is a log file using your channels just in case I grabbed the wrong pid or something.

Here is also the file.. Perhaps I didn't turn something on like I should have? I think i got it right.. Like I said huge difference in driveablity. It seems like it works but in the log it doesn't look like it works.

Should I have enabled some DTC's or something? Mind having a look at this?

Edel tune SCIAP added.hpt

Edel tune SCIAP added.hpl
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Tuner in Training
    After installing the SCIAP sensor I had to run Repoll For Supported Parameters in the scanner for it to display.

Tuner in Training
    Under Engine Diag->Airflow->Supercharger Inlet Air Pressure, your High Volt Test & Low Volt Test are both correctly set to Enable.

I missed this initially when I did the install and it wasn't reading pressure or voltage off the sensor.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_0 View Post
    Under Engine Diag->Airflow->Supercharger Inlet Air Pressure, your High Volt Test & Low Volt Test are both correctly set to Enable.

I missed this initially when I did the install and it wasn't reading pressure or voltage off the sensor.

So I take it you didn't see anything out of place in the tune I uploaded?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    So I take it you didn't see anything out of place in the tune I uploaded?
    No, nothing different that may affect SCIAP performance. All the main settings are correct.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks.. I must be some sort of scanner issue.. repoll or whatever. It was clear that it fixed the car. Huge difference.

I didn't turn on any DTC"s for it. Is the only thing I could think I didn't do that maybe I should have.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Hey,
    I just went through this.
    If VCM scanner is showing 0 for SCIAP pressure sensor
    Most likely the Linear and Offset are not set.

I was able to find these paramenters and had HPtuners add them to the latest beta

[ECM] 4013 - Supercharger Inlet Air Pressure Sensor Linear:
    [ECM] 4014 - Supercharger Inlet Air Pressure Sensor Offset:

Initially the AC pressure sensor on my truck had the same behavior - voltage responded normally, but the pressure PID remained fixed. Support was able to fix it with a few revisions.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by will_974 View Post
    Hey,
    I just went through this.
    If VCM scanner is showing 0 for SCIAP pressure sensor
    Most likely the Linear and Offset are not set.

I was able to find these paramenters and had HPtuners add them to the latest beta

[ECM] 4013 - Supercharger Inlet Air Pressure Sensor Linear:
    [ECM] 4014 - Supercharger Inlet Air Pressure Sensor Offset:
    Thank you!! I knew the AAP linear and offsets were not making sense
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Finally Wired the SCIAP (1 bar Map) on my LT1 15 C7, repoll scanner as well. My LT4 Tmap is now stuck at 64KPA key on engine off and Supercharger inlet Pressure is 4.0 Volts in the scanner and does indeed go to 0 when I unplug it, so its reading something.. However Supercharger inlet Vac stays at 98 when running and supercharger inlet pressure stays at 0.
    Not sure how TMAP is off now though????
    Ill post log and current tune file if anyone has an opinion. Fairly certain tune file is right, but a second par of eyes never a bad thing.SCIAPTest.hpl
    15VetteBENA8PI2.3FINALSCmapBen1.hpt
    Last edited by Ben Charles; 06-10-2023 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Additional info

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuning Addict
    I'm going through this right now with a customers Ben. I was told to make sure all three settings under pressure were enabled along with the dtc's and to have it as supercharger equipped. Won't know until tomorrow if it actually got it working correctly. I just noticed your pressure settings weren't all enabled and your dtc's were active yet. The rest of it looks right.

EDIT - you should only have the top 2 settings under pressure enabled otherwise it sets a baro code... The rest of the corrections seem right so far.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 06-11-2023 at 08:41 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Thanks Greg, I’m actually at the car now lol (late night)

Going to activate AAP3 volt test to enable and set the P012B for the supercharger inlet pressure sensor performance. Be right back

14 Gen 5 Viper

OK, just did some testing.. Interesting enough the normal Map sensor PID doesn't report correctly anymore shows 64 KOEO and roughly 2X running (The newer Style E92As I always have to use HI res, so odd I have too now on my car, but whatever. MUST USE Manifold Absolute HI RES, read 100 KPA KOEO.

Supercharger inlet Vac Stuck at 98 doesnt move when running
    Supercharger inlet Pressure stuck at 4.0 and doesnt move when running.

At this point I think 2 pins need to be Flip floped, If I get a moment in the morning Im going to swap some pins around.

14 Gen 5 Viper

ECM Modifications
    X1 Pin 4 (TIAP Sensor Signal) -> move to X2 Pin 45
    X1 Pin 5 (TIAP Sensor 5V) -> move to X2 Pin 64
    X1 Pin 4 -> add Pin 1 on SCIAP Sensor Signal
    X1 Pin 5 -> add Pin 3 on SCIAP Sensor 5V
    X1 Pin 20 -> add Pin 2 on SCIAP Sensor Gnd

Wanted to question the pin outs here?
    On the connector for the Sciap (simple 1 bar map)
    Pin 1 should be 5volt reference
    Pin 2 low reference/ground
    Pin 3 map sensor signal

I copied this from another thread where I questioned it, I did what others have done, BUT IM 99% sure I need to swap Pins 1 and 3 and it will work.

The reason I believe MINE is different is I had my friend Bill at BP automotive make my harness and I told him just to wire it Like an LS3 sensor, I bet Pins 1-3 are opposite from the LT1 sensor (honestly assumed they would be the same?)

Alvin this was before you had your kit otherwise I would have just bought it..
    Last edited by Ben Charles; 06-10-2023 at 11:29 PM.

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuning Addict
    My customer is using the kit you're referring to from pcmofnc and his was missing the 5v ref. He got that working by stealing it from elsewhere, but I was wondering about the pin hookups myself. All the E92's should be the same, so should use the same pins as the lt4. His is reading just like yours and can't tell a difference with it being installed. Didn't you have another one that was the opposite?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    OK, so here is how a LT4 is wired

SCIAP -
    X1 - Pin 5 - 5v ref (pin 1 on map)
    X1 - Pin 20 - Ground (pin 2 on map) ------ > Looks like you're correct on the directions being wrong here - the 2 pins should be swapped
    X1 - Pin 4 - Signal (pin 3 on map)

X1 - Pin 13 - temperature sensor input if running the lt4 map as I recommend since this will control timing adders.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GHuggins; 06-11-2023 at 02:41 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    More info fwiw...
    Attached Images Attached Images

~Greg Huggins~