Thread: MPVI2 firmware and pro-kit license (NOOB)

Tuner in Training

MPVI2 firmware and pro-kit license (NOOB)

First timer - - bought an MPVI2 from WalMart of all places (through a 3rd party). It was advertised as having 2 credits and pro-kit (for standalone logging). I found the 2 credits but when I connected to my C5 Corvette and picked "data logging" it said "pro-kit not detected." Is this a download of some kind? Also the standalone logging readme says that device firmware must be 3.1.2 or higher - I've done a few resynch and firmware hasn't gotten past 2.x - what am I missing here? Trying to get logging working in time for a track day on Friday. Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    Ticket 64278 was opened. My fear is that this was advertised as coming with Pro Kit but the sellers didn't really know for certain. If I have to buy it so be it and I'll fight it out with them later - but need to get this all working for a Friday track day - thanks...

Tuner in Training
    Also are you able to tell me if I have a 2+ ? Reading the sticky about setting it up with Track Addict. I currently use Harry's - but I did buy TA and hopefully will find time to get it set up...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack08520 View Post
    Also are you able to tell me if I have a 2+ ? Reading the sticky about setting it up with Track Addict. I currently use Harry's - but I did buy TA and hopefully will find time to get it set up...
    If it says MPVI2+ on your device its an MPVI2+

If it says MPVI2 on your device its an MPVI2

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack08520 View Post
    Ticket 64278 was opened. My fear is that this was advertised as coming with Pro Kit but the sellers didn't really know for certain. If I have to buy it so be it and I'll fight it out with them later - but need to get this all working for a Friday track day - thanks...
    Looks like Corey requested some information from you that you have not yet provided, once we get that information we should know more.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Looks like Corey requested some information from you that you have not yet provided, once we get that information we should know more.
    It looks like I have Pro Kit

Snap23.jpg

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Correct, you have an MPVI2 and pro feature set. I would suggest resyncing your device you can do that by connecting your device to your pc, opening vcm editor click help-resync interface. This will sync all of your purchased features/credits with the software itself.

Tuner in Training
    Do I have the latest software version? Per the standalone data logging doc - "Standalone data logging is only available on firmware version 3.1.2 or higher." Or perhaps this was written for a device other than what I have,

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The issue is that your device firmware update failed and you will will need to manually update it by following these steps:
    Disconnect your MPVI2 or MPVI2+ from your laptop
    Disconnect your MPVI2 or MPVI2+ from your vehicle

Below the BT LED there is a button hidden in the dark square area
    Hold this button down.
    Now while holding this button down connect to the laptop.
    Check for a flashing PWR light. If flashing you can release the button and now open
    VCM Editor or Scanner and perform an VCM suite information log
    By clicking the HELP then VCM suite information log.
    It opens a new dialog box. Click the blue circle with the "I" in it.
    This should start the firmware updating process.
    Once complete you should be able to use your interface as intended.

Tuner in Training
    I replied to Corey earlier today with a screenshot showing that the scanner still thinks my device doesn't have a Pro license - will try the procedure described above and provide an update...

Tuner in Training
    Bill - the forced firmware update took me to v5 and data logging will now "activate" - now just need a cram course between now and Friday morning when I hit the track. Thanks much and look forward to learning more about this tuning business..